Storm Cursed by Patricia Briggs

Storm Cursed (edition 2019)

by Patricia Briggs, Judith Lagerman (Cover designer), Daniel Dos Santos

Member:bw42
Title:Storm Cursed
Authors:Patricia Briggs
Other authors:Judith Lagerman (Cover designer), Daniel Dos Santos
Info:New York : Ace, 2019.
Rating:***
Tags:hb, novel, fiction, fantasy, @D, @L

Storm Cursed by Patricia Briggs

The 11th Mercy Thomson book and close to the 20th in the series, this does pretty well for all that some of the tropes have worn smooth. Fast moving with an intricate but not too intricate plot that ties backward and forward in the series, Briggs manages her large cast deftly and keeps everyone distinct. ( )
  quondame | Jun 17, 2019 |
Excellent installment in the Mercy Thompson series. In this book, some witches are the evil ones and, of course, they are hard to beat. They do gruesome things like killing kids and baby dragons and making them zombies. The emphasis in this book was not on the pack, even though they were involved, but on various magical being, e,g,, the King Goblin and Mercy's allies. ( )
  phyllis2779 | Jun 13, 2019 |
When again am I ever going to get to use the tag "zombie miniature goats?" This entry in the Mercy Thompson series keeps the story moving in an interesting direction. It picks up from the last Alpha and Omega book, but it glosses over enough details that you don't need to know what happened in it. Mercy and Adam remain solidly together without being boring, and the book provides a strong and appropriate end to a long running character. I enjoyed getting to know Sherwood a bit better, and it was nice to see Stefan again. I look forward to the next. ( )
  duchessjlh | Jun 11, 2019 |
Holy crow! That one was so chockablock with beasties I hat to put it on a dozen shelves!

Brilliant as always.

I needed more time with two of my favorite characters. Ben and Stefan. But, it was nice to get to know Sherwood a bit better. And, I didn’t expect to have so much fun with Wulfie! ( )
  Amelia1989 | Jun 10, 2019 |
This next Mercy novel is the result of her declaration in an earlier book that Adam's werewolf pack defends all those in their territory from the paranormal evils out there. Some of the modern humans in the Tri-Cities area of Washington state are reassured -- others are more freaked out by the existence of werewolves and others. And now goblins, vampires, witches, and the fae's Grey Lords are using this declaration to their advantage. Maybe.

This is another rip-roaring Patricia Briggs book - a page-turning, character-driven adventure hard to describe and fun to read. ( )
  EowynA | Jun 2, 2019 |

Patricia Briggsprimary authorall editionscalculated
Lagerman, JudithCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Santos, Daniel DosCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
"So what did you do, Mary Jo?" called Ben in his crisp British accent.

My name is Mercedes Athena Thompson Hauptman, and I am a car mechanic.

And a coyote shapeshifter.

And the mate of the Alpha of the Columbia Basin werewolf pack.

Even so, none of that would have gotten me into trouble if, a few months ago, I hadn't stood upon a bridge and taken responsibility for the safety of the citizens who lived in our territory. It seemed like the thing to do at the time. It should have only involved hunting down killer goblins, zombie goats, and an occasional troll. Instead, our home was viewed as neutral ground, a place where humans would feel safe to come and treat with the fae.

The reality is that nothing and no one is safe. As generals and politicians face off with the Gray Lords of the fae, a storm is coming and her name is Death.

But we are pack, and we have given our word.

We will die to keep it.

Mercy Thompson has opened her garage again and is trying to get back to normal. Of course, now that the Tri-Cities are viewed as neutral ground, all kinds of supernatural beings are heading her way. With her mate Adam Hauptman's firm involved in providing security to a top-secret meeting with the US government and the fae, Mercy is tapped to handle everything else--including reports of a strange witch in town.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,557,989 books! | Top bar: Always visible