L'Incal, Intégrale : by Moebius

L'Incal, Intégrale : (original 2014; edition 2013)

by Moebius

John Difool, a low-class detective in a degenerate dystopian world, finds his life turned upside down when he discovers an ancient, mystical artifact called "The Incal." Difool's adventures will bring him into conflict with the galaxy's greatest warrior, the Metabaron, and will pit him against the awesome powers of the Technopope. These encounters and many more make up a tale of comic and cosmic proportions that has Difool fighting for not only his very survival, but also the survival of the entire universe.… (more)
Member:citizenk
Title:L'Incal, Intégrale :
Authors:Moebius
Info:Les Humanoïdes Associés (2013), Broché, 318 pages
Collections:BDthèque

The Incal by Alejandro Jodorowsky (Author) (2014)

The Compleat Moonshadow by J. M. DeMatteis (scottd)
    scottd: sci fi coming of age epic journeys

English (8)  Spanish (1)  Danish (1)  French (1)  All languages (11)
Vols 1-6 collected
  stevholt | Nov 19, 2017 |
While Mœbius' art is beautiful as usual, it could not rescue this book for me from the disjointed story and lackluster dialogue. I won't be continuing to read this series. ( )
  tapestry100 | Jun 7, 2016 |
Maybe my expectations were too high because I read so many ecstatic reviews of Final Incal and saw it on so many Greatest Graphic Novels of All Time lists - but I was disappointed. I found the story incoherent and, in the last third, difficult to follow. Also, why is the main female character topless so much?! - and why are her breasts seemingly unaffected by gravity?

Also, the introduction by Kanye West is really, really dumb.

Having said all of this, the artwork is stupendous. Amazing. I wish the book had been physically bigger so that I could have appreciated every detail of every brilliant illustration; almost every single one could be a stand-alone artwork. To heck with Jodorowsky - Moebius was the real genius! ( )
  EnidaV | Jun 24, 2015 |
Recensione su: http://wp.me/p3X6aw-gN
Review at: http://wp.me/p3X6aw-gN ( )
  Saretta.L | Mar 4, 2014 |
The main thing that I was thinking about when I read The Incal was about how this comic might have effected me if I read it in middle school or high school. It certianly has that naughty "Heavy Metal" feel to it. It's strange to think that this is considered a classic in France. The other thing I thought while reading the Incal was how so many Hollywood movies really seem to have been inspired by this series. The Fifth Element! I thought that movie was so cool and original when it came out. You knew nothing Ben Hahn. What I really want to get my hands on now is The Airtight Garage in color and English, but even rough used copies are going for more than $100. Perhaps Humanoids (the publisher who reprinted this fine Incal edition) will obtain the rights to Airtight Garage and let us pay them money for a much desired product. Are you reading this Humanoids? What do ya say? $50 for a hardback color copy. I'll be waiting. ( )
  BenjaminHahn | Nov 8, 2013 |

Janjetov, ZoranColouristsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Kelly, JustinTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Podaný, RichardTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Watson, SashaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 141,819,796 books! | Top bar: Always visible