Dark Nights: Metal: Deluxe Edition by Scott…

Dark Nights: Metal: Deluxe Edition (edition 2018)

by Scott Snyder (Author)

Member:akwael
Title:Dark Nights: Metal: Deluxe Edition
Authors:Scott Snyder (Author)
Info:DC Comics (2018), Edition: Deluxe, 216 pages
Collections:Read, eBook

Dark Nights: Metal: Deluxe Edition by Scott Snyder

I did not enjoy much of Scott Snyder's run on Batman, so I approached this crossover event with great trepidation and low expectations. Color me pleasantly surprised as I found myself liking the direct callbacks to the seminal Crisis on Infinite Earths and the overall tribute to the depth and breadth of the history and character catalog of the DC Universe.

The story is cheesy, sure, but it also has tremendous nostalgic appeal to longtime DC fanboys like me. ( )
  villemezbrown | Sep 9, 2018 |
So, when I read Road to Metal I was very confused. With this TPB, the Metal Story (or most of it) was a tiny bit less confusing.

I guess that DC multiverse has a dark backing (I won't go into how much a finite 52 worlds in the multiverse annoys the scientist side of my brain, or why in the world DC is so obsessed with the # 52).

And I guess Batman is the key, or Superman is the key, or Kendra Saunders is the key, or something Atlantean is the key?

I just think that in a lot of ways the Metal story line was just too complicated. They started with too many strings, and yes, they did bring them together by and large, but, if they'd had five instead of twenty strings I think that reading the TPBs would have been much more enjoyable.

I received this book via Netgalley thanks to DC Entertainment. ( )
  DanieXJ | Jul 16, 2018 |
Well, I'm not going to lie. This story is just not my thing. I like stories that take place on Earth 1 or in space but Dark Nights: Metal introduces us to the Dark Multiverse and it is whacko crazy. Batman's nightmares are real here and there are several weird dark Batmans at the helm of this craziness. Set in several realms of this multiverse the Justice League members are trying to combat the forces of evil. There are many familiar villains represented with one popping up all the time throughout. Look closely at the crowd scenes. It's a ride, I'll say that much, and may certainly be right up some reader's alley but not mine. ( )
  ElizaJane | Jun 5, 2018 |
50,000 years ago. Lost to history is a story.

"The Dark Knight has uncovered one of the lost mysteries of the universe...one that could destroy the very fabric of the DC Universe! The dark corners of reality that have never been seen till now! The Dark Multiverse is revealed in all its devastating danger--a team of twisted, evil versions of Batman hellbent on destroying the DC Universe! With appearances from heroes, villains and faces long forgotten, DARK NIGHTS: METAL will examine every choice a hero doesn't take and every path they don't walk, and open up worlds that are forged by nightmares."--… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 131,806,710 books! | Top bar: Always visible