Ocean Meets Sky by Terry Fan

Ocean Meets Sky

by Terry Fan, Eric Fan

"A little boy builds a ship to honor his late grandfather and sets sail for the magical place where ocean meets sky from his grandfather's stories"--

The Library Islands thrilled my book-loving soul, and the bird's eye view images were breathtaking. Oh yeah, my kids (2 & 12) liked it too. ( )
  Mrs.Soule | Nov 25, 2019 |
Gorgeous illustrations, and a sweet story. The lead character shares my son's name, too, so of course I love it that much more. It’s a little more advanced for my son, but will be a great book for him as he grows! ( )
  kristilabrie | Aug 9, 2019 |
"Finn lives by the sea and the sea lives beside him." In this beautifully illustrated boko by the Fan Brothers, young Finn takes a magical journey on what would have been his grandfather's 90th birthday. Detailed illustrations delight the observant reader as they notice similarities between objects in grandfather's den, and the ocean/sky realm. A goldfish, remarkably reminiscient of Finn's grandfather leads the way as Finn discovers more than even even knew he was looking for.
  ejones77 | Jul 25, 2019 |
This book is beautifully illustrated. A little boy falls asleep and goes in search of his grandfather, and where the ocean meets the sky. He will find a travel guide in the golden fish, and spend his night high in the air among the whales. This story is all about the illustrations and imagination. It serves its purpose, and makes a lasting memory.
#BBRC #AtoZofpicturebooks ( )
  LibrarianRyan | Jul 3, 2019 |
STORYTIME WITH STEPHANIE

Beautiful and Engaging Story of Remembrance
Jul 9
Beautiful and Engaging Story of Remembrance
Recently I was put to the task of creating a library of picture book resources for the preschool where I work around the topic of death. It has come up quite a bit and we wanted to have some books handy and at the ready for parents to share with their children to help them understand what is happening. The first book I picked up was Ocean Meets Sky by The Fan Brothers. Not only are they local authors but their work is so beautiful and engaging it is the perfect choice to share with children.

Finn lives by the sea and remembers stories he was told by his grandfather about a special place, a place where ocean meets sky. It would have been grandpa’s 90th birthday so Finn decides it is a good day for a sail. Winding through magical places, Finn eventually finds the place of his grandfather’s stories.

The art in this book is absolutely stunning. It is so visually appealing and there is much to discover on each page you will want to read it again and again to find all the little things you missed. The photo here do not even come close to doing this book justice. You will be spellbound as soon as you open it up. From the gorgeous jacket, to the cover design and all the details in between, you will want to come back to this book often. As well, it’s a lovely story about remembrance and celebrating those who we have lost. We remember all the things that are special about our loved ones and the ways in which we keep them in our hearts every day. Not only are books by The Fan Brothers stunning, they make fantastic read alouds, the words just flow off the pages and are easy to share. You will want to buy two copies of Ocean Meets Sky, one to keep and read and the other to frame. We love supporting our local authors and really look forward to all of their beautiful work! ( )
  StephLamb | Jul 9, 2018 |

Fan, Terryprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Fan, Ericmain authorall editionsconfirmed

Finn lives by the sea and the sea lives by him. Every time he looks out his window it’s a constant reminder of the stories his grandfather told him about the place where the ocean meets the sky. Where whales and jellyfish soar and birds and castles float.

Finn’s grandfather is gone now but Finn knows the perfect way to honor him. He’ll build his own ship and sail out to find this magical place himself!

And when he arrives, maybe, just maybe, he’ll find something he didn’t know he was looking for.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 141,803,548 books! | Top bar: Always visible