Bachelorette #1 by Jennifer O'Connell

Bachelorette #1

by Jennifer O'Connell

Sarah is undercover for Femme magazine, writing a juicy expos about the women desperate enough to go on TV to vie for a man, and the bachelor shallow enough to view dating as a ratings game. Armed with a killer wardrobe, sun-kissed highlights, and her reporter's notebook, she can't wait to find out what happens at the posh California resort when the cameras stop rolling. What she discovers is that this alternate reality is more seductive than she ever expected. The other women aren't all brainless bimbos. And "The Stag" isn't the arrogant jerk she imagined. Caught up in a whirlwind of moonlight swims, limo rides, and champagne toasts, Sarah stops working on her article...and starts wanting to win. There's just one problem: Sarah's really a suburban wife and mother who misses her devoted husband and baby girl back home. Just how far will she go to become Bachelorette #1?… (more)

Now here was a chick-lit I really really liked.

Sarah is a free-lance writer hired to "infiltrate" a reality tv show where the handsome male selects his future mate from a list of beautiful bride wanna-bes. That Sarah is married with a baby at home matters not to the magazine editor who hires her, gives her a makeover, supplies a glam new wardrobe, and prepares the application form.

As Sarah passes through the selection rounds and gets to know the characters involved, she learns more and more about the choices she has made in her life, the turns her marriage have taken, her thoughts on motherhood and a working life. Sarah comes to remember her strengths and make decisions for herself once again.

Well worth reading. ( )
  wareagle78 | Feb 7, 2014 |
I got half way through this book and I gave it. Storyline was weak and just not believable. ( )
  risadabomb | Sep 12, 2008 |
You know, everything about this book screams "cheesy", from it's white and magenta cover with the blurb "She's flirting with disaster..." to it's Reality TV Show plot line; however, despite the odds, this was a truly enjoyable creampuff of a book! By no means great literature, it managed to grab my attention from practically the first page, and kept me entertained until the very end. I didn't even plan on reading this until after I had finished a few other books that were lined up, but like I said, once I scanned the first page, I was hooked! ( )
  lyssrose | Oct 3, 2005 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 141,683,039 books! | Top bar: Always visible