We Don't Eat Our Classmates by Ryan T.…

We Don't Eat Our Classmates (original 2018; edition 2018)

by Ryan T. Higgins (Author), Ryan T. Higgins (Illustrator)

Series: Penelope Rex (1)

When the class pet bites the finger of Penelope, a tyrannosaurus rex, she finally understands why she should not eat her classmates, no matter how tasty they are.
Member:Scoobyrae1
Title:We Don't Eat Our Classmates
Authors:Ryan T. Higgins (Author)
Other authors:Ryan T. Higgins (Illustrator)
Info:Disney-Hyperion (2018), Edition: First Edition, 48 pages

Work Information

We Don't Eat Our Classmates by Ryan T. Higgins (2018)

This is a good book for a read aloud, as well as a book to encourage students to write in different ways. This would be good to use when talking about HOW an author writes. ( )
  karlynnbraddick | Apr 27, 2022 |
Heh. HAHAHAHAHAHA. Yeah. Funny, also great illustrations. Children are delicious. ( )
  jennybeast | Apr 14, 2022 |
Penelope is a T-Rex starting school. She’s looking forward to making friends with her classmates, but that doesn’t go as planned because they taste delicious! It’s not until the class pet takes a liking to Penelope’s finger that she realizes being eaten is no fun. Loved the diverse children represented in this book, and I think students will pick up on theme (treat others the way you want to be treated) easily. ( )
  AlissaAnneMay | Feb 19, 2022 |
All kindergarteners do impulsive things from time to time, so they’ll certainly identify with poor Penelope, who can’t help but eat her classmates. This comical title is great for back-to-school, after a long break, or anytime you need to talk about impulse control.
  MariaDeLosAngeles | Feb 11, 2022 |
I loved this as did my sixth graders. Penelope is a dinosaur. She is just starting school. When she comes home her first day she is sad. She has no friends. Her parents ask her if she ate her classmates. She had in fact eaten them. The teacher made her spit them out. I don't know of anyone who would like to be eaten, then spit out. It takes a fish biting her to make her understand what it is like for the children she ate. Very cute story about putting yourself in the shoes of others. ( )
  skstiles612 | Jan 19, 2022 |

Belongs to Series

To Mom, for passing along her love of books
And to Dad, for making me a storyteller
Penelope Rex was nervous. It's not every day a little T. rex starts school.

It's the first day of school for Penelope Rex, and she can't wait to meet her classmates. But it's hard to make human friends when they're so darn delicious! That is, until Penelope gets a taste of her own medicine and finds she may not be at the top of the food chain after all...It's the first day of school for Penelope Rex, and she can't wait to meet her classmates. But it's hard to make human friends when they're so darn delicious! That is, until Penelope gets a taste of her own medicine and finds she may not be at the top of the food chain after all...

Publisher-Recommended Age
: From 3 Years to 5 Years

Publisher-Recommended Grade
: From Pre School to Kindergarten

Accelerated Reader® :
2.3 - Lower Grades (K-3)

Lexile® measure
500L

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 170,014,725 books! | Top bar: Always visible