Check out the Pride Celebration Treasure Hunt!

Farm Weeds of Canada by George H. Clark

Farm Weeds of Canada (1906)

by George Harold Clark, James Fletcher, James Fletcher (Author)

My 1906 edition of this book is a gem. The plates are large and detailed, life sized or close to it, printed in vivid chromolithography: by far the most useful field guide I have seen. It lacks notes on non-weed uses of the plants (many of which are useful in cooking, healing etc) but since the book predates chemical agriculture, all methods of control (so far as I have seen) are acceptable in organic agriculture. A previous owner found the book invaluable; most of the pages are besmeared with large earthy fingerprints attesting to its frequent use in the field. If not for this I would be highly tempted to frame the plates. ( )
  muumi | Apr 5, 2018 |
I can't put my finger on why, but something of the color and style early 20th century illustrations is very appealing to me. My Algrove paperback of this 1906 book republished in 2000 is an adequate print that gives you a sense of the luscious illustrated color plates of Norman Criddle and how glorious the originals must be. Though the title would suggest otherwise, these are weeds that can be found "all over temperate North America."
  ddailey | Feb 14, 2008 |

Clark, George Haroldprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Fletcher, Jamesmain authorall editionsconfirmed
Fletcher, JamesAuthormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Sanford, Thompsonmain authorsome editionsconfirmed
Criddle, NormanIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,501,875 books! | Top bar: Always visible