The Proposal

by Jasmine Guillory

Series: The Wedding Date (2)

"When someone asks you to spend your life with him, it shouldn't come as a surprise--or happen in front of 45,000 people. When freelance writer Nikole Paterson goes to a Dodgers game with her actor boyfriend, his man bun, and his bros, the last thing she expects is a scoreboard proposal. Saying no isn't the hard part--they've only been dating for five months, and he can't even spell her name correctly. The hard part is having to face a stadium full of disappointed fans... At the game with his sister, Carlos Ibarra comes to Nik's rescue and rushes her away from a camera crew. He's even there for her when the video goes viral and Nik's social media blows up--in a bad way. Nik knows that in the wilds of LA, a handsome doctor like Carlos can't be looking for anything serious, so she embarks on an epic rebound with him, filled with food, fun, and fantastic sex. But when their glorified hookups start breaking the rules, one of them has to be smart enough to put on the brakes.."--… (more)

3.5 stars...

This was fun and cute, and I think my favorite parts were the relationships between Nik and her friends, and Carlos and his sister. The romance itself was less compelling to me than the time spent with the other characters. ( )
  NeedMoreShelves | Jun 1, 2021 |
So so so cute! I really need to read more romance novels. ( )
  thereserose5 | Mar 3, 2021 |
A novel about what happens when a public proposal doesn't turn into a happy ending. The story takes place in Los Angelos, California with freelance writer Nikole Paterson goes to a Dodgers game with her actor boyfriend Fisher, and the last thing she expects is a proposal on the Jumbotron. Saying no isn't the hard part, it’s having to face a stadium full of disappointed fans. Carlos and his sister Angela come to Nik’s rescue and rushes her away from a camera crew. Nik embarks on an epic rebound with Carlos, filled with excitement, fear and sex.

It was predictable that Carlos and Nikole will wind up together,
it was a little drag for the falling in love to get there.

It was great to get Carlos's story in this book and to meet Nik’s friends Dana and Courtney. Bringing back the characters from her first novel “The Wedding Date” was very welcoming. I was delighted when Nik and Alexa met. I loved how diverse the characters are and the issues of feminism, abuse, and fear is addressed in the story, however I felt as though it was lacking a more passionate voice in the characters, falling a little flat on its surface.

Overall, I felt some emotions that inwardly had me laughing, sad, and amused. I will give her next novel in the series a try - The Wedding Party” ( )
  Onnaday | Jan 30, 2021 |
Formulaic romcom. I liked the characters but that's about all this book had going for it. Quick read. ( )
  littlemuls | Jan 28, 2021 |
This was medium ok ( )
  LoisSusan | Dec 10, 2020 |

Belongs to Series

To my dad, Paul Guillory. You have always believed in me. Thanks for raising me to believe in myself.
Nik Paterson looked around at the perfect Los Angeles day: clear blue sky, bright green baseball field, warm sun shining down on the thousands of people with her at Dodger Stadium.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 163,390,163 books! | Top bar: Always visible