On the Way to the Wedding: Bridgerton…

On the Way to the Wedding: Bridgerton (Bridgertons Book 8) (edition 2017)

by Julia Quinn (Author)

Series: Bridgertons (8)

A New York Times Bestseller From #1 New York Times bestselling author Julia Quinn comes the story of Gregory Bridgerton, in the final installment of her beloved Regency-set novels featuring the charming, powerful Bridgerton family, now a series created by Shondaland for Netflix. GREGORY'S STORY Unlike most men of his acquaintance, Gregory Bridgerton believes in true love. And he is convinced that when he finds the woman of his dreams, he will know in an instant that she is the one. And that is exactly what happened. Except ... She wasn't the one. In fact, the ravishing Miss Hermione Watson is in love with another. But her best friend, the ever-practical Lady Lucinda Abernathy, wants to save Hermione from a disastrous alliance, so she offers to help Gregory win her over. But in the process, Lucy falls in love. With Gregory! Except ... Lucy is engaged. And her uncle is not inclined to let her back out of the betrothal, even once Gregory comes to his senses and realizes that it is Lucy, with her sharp wit and sunny smile, who makes his heart sing. And now, on the way to the wedding, Gregory must risk everything to ensure that when it comes time to kiss the bride, he is the only man standing at the altar ...… (more)
Member:kbreader
Title:On the Way to the Wedding: Bridgerton (Bridgertons Book 8)
Authors:Julia Quinn (Author)
Info:Avon (2017), Edition: Reprint, 381 pages
Rating:***

Work Information

On the Way to the Wedding by Julia Quinn

This may be my favourite! ( )
  SuzieEN | May 2, 2022 |
On the Way to the Wedding by Julia Quinn is the 8th and final book in her series of historical romances about the Bridgerton family. This books highlights the romance between the youngest Bridgerton male, Gregory with the woman of his dreams, who, unfortunately, he doesn’t necessarily recognize upon first meeting.

The story evolves through the author’s trademark light touch and humorous incidents but for me, this book didn’t quite come up to the excellence of her other books. I find that this author is much better at developing her female characters whereas the male romantic leads are quite interchangeable. The story was entertaining enough and it is always a pleasure to reacquaint oneself with members of the Bridgerton family.

Historical Romances have become one of my go-to books when I need a comfort read and I have really enjoyed the Bridgerton series with it’s humor and witty banter. I look forward to sampling one or two of this authors’ other series. ( )
  DeltaQueen50 | Apr 22, 2022 |
An entertaining, overblown, farce of a story that charmingly mocks love at first sight. I laughed out loud more than once. Marvellous! ( )
  jennybeast | Apr 14, 2022 |
Another winner from Julia Quinn in the Bridgerton series.

This time it's Gregory's turn, the youngest of the brothers. He's fallen instantly in love with Hermione Watson, but his sister-in-law, Kate, thinks he'd find Lady Lucinda more to his liking.

Gregory takes much too long to come to his senses and realize what he has to do, but with the loyal and unstinting support of his family, he rises to the occasion.

Great fun, I can't write more without spoiling the plot.
  Bookjoy144 | Mar 2, 2022 |
This was by far the best Bridgerton book. If all the books have been this good I might have been a little more addicted. This book literally has all of the feels. Finallyy of 5 * book. ( )
  JamieM12 | Feb 8, 2022 |

Quinn, Juliaprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Prebble, SimonReadermain authorsome editionsconfirmed
Desthuilliers, Cécilesecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Lyssa Keusch. Because you're my editor. Because you're my friend.
And also for Paul. Just because.
His lungs were on fire.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 171,586,860 books! | Top bar: Always visible