Erik: An Arizona Vengeance Novel by Sawyer…

Erik: An Arizona Vengeance Novel (edition 2018)

by Sawyer Bennett (Author)

1131,261,129 (4.25)None
Member:sandiez63
Title:Erik: An Arizona Vengeance Novel
Authors:Sawyer Bennett (Author)
Info:Loveswept (2018), 218 pages

Erik by Sawyer Bennett

I couldn't wait for this book after Bishop's book. I wasn't let down. What a great story and we get to see a completely different side of Erik then I every expected. Blue, what a woman. I loved her and how she cared for her brother. I also love that they have a bit of a past. Great read with great buildup to the rest of the series!! ( )
  Kellylynn22 | Mar 24, 2019 |
I had a great time with this book! This is the second book in the Arizona Vengeance series but it could easily be read as a stand-alone. Anyone that has had the chance to read the first book in the series, Bishop, will recognize quite a few of the characters but there should be no issue if a reader decided to jump in here. This book really grabbed me right from the start and I ended up reading the whole thing in a single sitting. It really was a joy to watch Blue and Erik figure things out.

Blue and Erik were both great characters. Blue works as a flight attendant on the hockey teams plane and she is anything by impressed by Erik. When she isn't working, she spends her time trying to be there for her disabled brother since she is all he has left after the death of their parents. Erik can't figure out why he keeps striking out with Blue. When he sees her out with her brother, he starts to think that there is a lot more to Blue than he originally thought.

Erik and Blue both show a lot of growth over the course of this book. Blue has had to deal with a lot of things during recent years and she has a lot of guilt from some of her past actions. The fact that she was able to give Erik a chance and forgive him was a big step and I liked the fact she wasn't afraid to apologize. Erik didn't grow up with the best role model when it came to dealing with women. He has changed from his younger days and is willing to go the extra mile when needed to win over Blue. I loved seeing how he was with Blue's brother.

I would recommend this book to fans of contemporary romance. I had a great time watching Blue and Erik fall in love. This short book was able to blend some swoon-worthy moments, a touch of humor, steamy scenes, and more serious moments with ease. I can't wait to read more of this wonderful series from Sawyer Bennett!

I received a digital review copy of this book from Random House Publishing Group - Loveswept via NetGalley. ( )
  Carolesrandomlife | Nov 10, 2018 |
Sawyer Bennett shoots and scores with ERIC the second book in the Arizona Vengeance series. I had been looking forward to reading Erik Dahlbeck’s and Blue Gardner’s story since Blue shut Eric down in book one, BISHOP. Sawyer Bennett did not disappoint. ERIC was an unexpected and entertaining read.

I really enjoyed this story. There were several surprising twists that added to the plot. I appreciated all the details pertaining to Blue and her brother, Billy’s relationship. Billy has spastic quadriplegia cerebral palsy. I love that Erik and his teammates treat Billy normal.

I enjoyed Eric’s and Blue’s personalities. They both have a lot of depth. I liked the reason that Blue was originally giving Eric the cold shoulder. They both matured a lot over the years. I think they connected at the right time in their lives. They have great chemistry.

ERIK was interesting throughout. The hockey scenes were skillfully described. The story was well written. I liked the references to the Cold Fury Hockey series. I’m looking forward to Legend’s story next. I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book. ( )
  dlynch | Nov 5, 2018 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 142,286,168 books! | Top bar: Always visible