The Lost Continent (Wings of Fire, Book 11)…

The Lost Continent (Wings of Fire, Book 11) (11) (original 2018; edition 2018)

by Tui T. Sutherland (Author)

Series: Wings of Fire (11)

For centuries there have been rumors of another continent on the dragons' planet -- another land far across the ocean, populated by tribes of dragons very different from those we know. But there's never been any evidence, and most dragons dismissed the rumors as fairy tales. Until now. Because it turns out the stories are true. And the other tribes are coming.… (more)
Member:jessicadobson418
Title:The Lost Continent (Wings of Fire, Book 11) (11)
Authors:Tui T. Sutherland (Author)
Info:Scholastic Press (2018), Edition: Illustrated, 336 pages

Work Information

The Lost Continent by Tui T. Sutherland (2018)

Recently added byZESSt, UMEPrep, private library, olvangels, CHSchoolLibrary, KaiWood, Appi, deborahpye, GDQ

A refreshing reboot on a new continent and in a new arc. I loved the new tribes, although they were all very similar to RainWings in many respects.

The story was simple and straightforward and while this book is not perfectly self-contained, it has a satisfying wrap-up similar to book 1. I liked having Blue start out as complicit and comfortable with the system in place, and having to 'get woke' as it were - it establishes his values and helps guide his arc. I do think he has some growing to do still, however - his arc doesn't seem as complete as other POV character's have.

I adore Cricket. She had her head in the right place, and her heart is in the right place, too. I have a weakness for SJW ladies with spectacles and a science/book fetish, I guess. Wonder where that comes from.

My only real issue with this one is the insta-love between Blue and Cricket. It felt too fast, too contrived, not really 'earned.'

Also, reading this book during the current political climate here was something. There's a lot of quotable passages about what to do when the law is wrong, about bigotry and oppression, about protecting those that need it, about resisting when those in power are monsters. I can't help but feel that Queen Wasp was yellow because it would have been too on the nose had the corrupt, lying, scheming, racist leader of the Hivewings been, say, orange. ( )
  kaitlynn_g | Dec 13, 2020 |
(need 7 sentence paragraph) The summary of this book is ( )
  JAhn.ELA1 | Oct 24, 2019 |
This is the eleventh book in the Wings of Fire series and starts a new storyline on a new continent we have never visited before. Although some of the story elements are very similar to previous books, I did really enjoy meeting new characters and exploring both whole new types of dragons and a whole new landscape. I continue to read these mainly because my son reads this series and likes to discuss it with me; however I actually really enjoyed this book!

This book starts with a prequel featuring Clearwater and her journey across the seas to a new continent of Dragons. The new continent is called Pantala. There are new types of dragons on Pantal including HiveWings, LeafWings, and SilkWings. After this prequel we journey many centuries into the future where a SilkWing named Blue is preparing for his Metamorphosis along with his sister Luna.

This book introduces a whole bunch of new dragon types and some great new fun characters. I loved Blue with his quiet tentativeness and Cricket with her non-traditional HiveWing views.

All the characters in here are a lot of fun. The new world is interesting as well. There was a lot of adventure, some awesome fight scenes, and lots of new and interesting dragon-abilities and politics.

Overall this was a fun and quick read that I enjoyed a lot. I really enjoyed the new and creative setting and the new types of dragons. My son also really loved this book. Sutherland continues to write an intriguing adventure fantasy series that has fun characters and is highly entertaining to read. Recommended to those who enjoy middle grade fantasy adventure featuring dragons. ( )
  krau0098 | Jul 19, 2018 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 166,311,354 books! | Top bar: Always visible