100 Bullets Vol. 7: Samurai by Brian…

100 Bullets Vol. 7: Samurai (edition 2004)

by Brian Azzarello (Author)

Series: 100 Bullets (7)

Loop Hughes' stay in prison is complicated by a very unwelcome acquaintance and Jack Daw finds himself facing a variety of wild animals in a roadside zoo.
Member:tchaudhary
Title:100 Bullets Vol. 7: Samurai
Authors:Brian Azzarello (Author)
Info:Vertigo (2004), 168 pages

Work Information

100 Bullets, Vol. 07: Samurai by Brian Azzarello

English (4)  Swedish (1)  All languages (5)
Eisner 2004 Best Continuing Series
IGN Ultimate Bookshelf Essential
DC Essentials Also Available
  JEJanke | Feb 15, 2021 |
Another good addition to the series. This volumes features two stories. First Lono returns as he is put in prison after events from the previous volume, but we get to see other returning characters. The second story features a corrupt sheriff and a poaching operation. Of the two, I think the first story is strongest. The second story is good, but it did not feel as strong. Although, I get the feeling we may get to see one of the characters from that story later on. I will definitely be looking for the next volume in the series. By the way, each volume in this series also features a very good introduction that not only puts the comic in context, but it speaks a bit on the larger noir genre. The introduction in this one was very good, worth reading right before starting the comics. ( )
  bloodravenlib | Aug 17, 2020 |
The tiger feels a little out of place, but on the other hand, this entire volume is full of caged animals. Despite not being my favorite collection, it's hard to deny that 100 Bullets is one of the most densely and carefully plotted work I've ever read. ( )
  jawalter | Nov 18, 2012 |
The seventh volume of 100 Bullets is the weakest installment so far, with two rather uninteresting story lines that manage to advance the overall plot without being particularly interesting in and of themselves. The "Chill in the Oven" chapters are merely average work for Brian Azzarello and Eduardo Risso, while the concluding "In Stinked" chapters are downright dull. Surprisingly, even the usually amazing Risso manages to deliver make-work art in the pages of "In Stinked", leaving the reader to hope that there are better things to come in future volumes of this series. ( )
  dr_zirk | Nov 8, 2009 |

Brian Azzarelloprimary authorall editionscalculated
Azzarello, Brianmain authorall editionsconfirmed
Risso, Eduardomain authorall editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 166,028,188 books! | Top bar: Always visible