Saga Volume 9 by Brian K Vaughan

Saga Volume 9 (edition 2018)

by Brian K Vaughan (Author), Fiona Staples (Artist)

Series: Saga (collects 49-54)

The multiple Eisner Award-winning seriesreturns with a spacefaring adventure about fake news and genuine terror. Getready for the most shocking, most impactful SAGA storylineyet. Collects SAGA #49-54
Member:Axmyman
Title:Saga Volume 9
Authors:Brian K Vaughan (Author)
Other authors:Fiona Staples (Artist)
Info:Image Comics (2018), 152 pages

Saga Volume 9 by Brian K. Vaughan (Author)

Fuck. ( )
  Bradley_Farless | Feb 25, 2021 |
Volume 9 collects the issues 49-54.

Plot:
Things are pretty good for Alana, Marko and Hazel. Having reunited with their friends and found a safe spot, they can finally relax and try to actually make plans for the future that don’t just involve not getting killed right this second. But the peace doesn’t last long as events catch up with them.

Hot damn, I’m reeling after this volume, and not just because I realized that it isn’t the end of the series yet, as I had thought, just the end of what has been published so far (hopefully they will continue soon, the publication is on hiatus at the moment). But the ending is quite frankly evil, especially considering that we now have to wait for a continuation. In other words, I am deeply invested in everything here and I just can’t believe what is happening.

Read more on my blog: https://kalafudra.com/2021/02/09/saga-volume-9-brian-k-vaughan-fiona-staples/ ( )
  kalafudra | Feb 9, 2021 |
I've only rated it so low because it make me sad.
A very tense painful chapter. 😢 ( )
1 vote nitemice | Dec 28, 2020 |
(4.5/5) Saga’s ninth volume returns to form in a quick-paced, action-packed installment that picks one helluva scene to go on hiatus on. The issue keeps a tight focus on the primary cast, an intersection of family and conflict that is where the series truly shines.

Volume 9 brings tragedy back to Hazel’s family, biological and otherwise, approached only by the loss of Izabel in Volume 7. The Will goes from anti-villain to just plain villain with his murders of both Prince Robot IV and Marko (and judging by the post-release interview, they’re Word of God Dead). The prospect of a magically-guaranteed safety for both families is cruelly snatched away thanks to the meddling influences of the Powers That Be. And Hazel brings things full-circle to Issue #1 with that perfectly heart-wrenching line: “Thanks to my parents, at least I get to grow old. Not everybody does.”

Out of all the characters of Saga, it’s actually Marko who I find the most tragic. He’s a conscientious objector in a galaxy-spanning war, renouncing violence even to the point of self-endangerment. His beliefs are both simple and noble: violence is bad, so he won’t inflict it, ever. Throughout the nine volumes of Saga, however, Marko is forced to compromise on those beliefs, again and again. He inflicts violence to save his family. He hurls groceries at Alana because the conflict had pushed her to do drugs around their daughter. And, at the very end, he viciously attacks The Will, spending some of his last minutes in a life-or-death struggle fueled by hate and rage. His shield becomes his sword. His decision to spare The Will’s life – an ultimate act of commitment to his beliefs – ultimately costs Marko is own. ( )
  pvoberstein | Dec 14, 2020 |
I am going to avoid as many spoilers as possible, but there were lots of tears when I finished reading. This series has a way of wrenching your heart when you are least prepared for it.
1 vote DrFuriosa | Dec 4, 2020 |

Vaughan, Brian K.Authorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Staples, FionaIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Hurry up, Slave Boy.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 155,573,015 books! | Top bar: Always visible