Don't Ever Look Behind Door 32 by B.C.…

Don't Ever Look Behind Door 32

by B.C. R. Fegan

541,436,638 (5)None
dragons (1) Drakes (1) elves (1) fairies (1) ghosts (1) HOO (1) hotel (1) humor (1) picture book (1) trolls (1)

Don’t Ever Look Behind Door 32 had me and the kiddo oooohing and ahhhhing even before we flipped the cover open to reveal the first page. The cover illustrations are so full of life, you just know that this book is going to be a blast!

Don’t Ever Look Behind Door 32 is packed with fun-to-read rhymes that will have you and your little one giggling and counting all the way up to 32. Plus, there’s a wonderful collection of very interesting characters and one very mysterious room and who doesn't love a good mystery? But before you even get to room 32, you first must take a tour of the other 31 extra zany rooms in the magical Hotel of Hoo! You'll be glad you did!

This book is excellent for reading aloud as a family and helping your little one practice counting beyond ten. And don’t worry, the kiddos are sure to stay engaged as they meet outlandish characters like vampire mermaids and fidgety knights! Moms and dads, you’ll even pick a favorite room, too! I personally liked the evil fairies!

Whether you are a parent, grandparent, or teacher - this book belongs in your collection for your littlest readers.

With wonderful illustrations, a super fun story, this is an excellent learning tool that is so much fun to read... you can bet that Don’t Ever Look Behind Door 32 is a tremendous hit in our little home! ( )
  NicholeMers | Apr 20, 2018 |
A counting book with a difference, Don’t Ever Look Behind Door 32 extends the counting experience beyond 20 to 32. The illustrations are delightful and a little bit spooky as a young boy and his little sister arrive to stay at the Magical Hotel of Hoo, a sprawling old castle dimly lit by moonlight.
Nicholas Noo the amiable hotelier shows them around each room. Being the first guests at the hotel their room will be room1 and the reader learns that most of the other rooms are permanently occupied by an ever increasing number of ghouls and creatures. Dragons, elves, monsters, ghosts, goblins and giants all have a room and a purpose.
The cadence is spot on with this rhyming story which makes for an easy read as the words flow effortlessly. The suspense builds as the pages turn and the children are reminded throughout, never to look behind door 32.

My almost 4 Granddaughter loves everything spooky and even after reading the book over and over she still became excited as the tension mounts to that last door. She charmingly calls it the Transylvanian door story. She’s not quite up to counting to 32 which gives the advantage of extending the book as the child grows.

See my full review at https://theburgeoningbookshelf.blogspot.com.au/2018/03/book-review-dont-ever-look-behind-door.html ( )
  Ronnie293 | Mar 26, 2018 |
Packed with slightly creepy but wonderfully fun fantastical creatures and monsters, this hotel carries surprises behind every door. . .just don't peek behind door 32.

Two children find themselves at the magical Hotel of Hoo, where the owner, Mr. Nicholas Noo, is ready to show them to their rooms and give them a tour. . .and what a tour it is!. . .along the way.

Deliciously delightful, goose bump raising fun doesn't even start to describe this book. It is exactly what young monster and creature fans are looking for. There's a bit of darkness, a bit of chill, tons of imagination and none of it is really scary at all. These monsters might sound awful and hint at frightening, but this book steers them into a dark yet completely humorous world.

The poems are clever, whimsical and flow nicely. While not for the youngest listener, slightly older ones (ages 4 and up) will enjoy hearing this one. And young readers who are more sure of their words (ages 7 and up) will enjoy going through it themselves. There's always something unexpected awaiting on the next page, which makes it impossible to put this one down.

The illustrations fit the text and bring across the right amount of spooky and fun. There's enough details to allow young listeners to discover new things when they flip through the pages again and again. The characters and monsters appear friendly, keeping away any real scare but still hold a nice level of fascination and curiosity.

This is a great book for young listeners and readers who enjoy testing their toes in the darker side of things without having to worry about hitting any real fears.

My son and daughter both enjoyed this one immensely and insist that it gets a huge thumbs up.

I received a complimentary copy and since my kids loved this book, am leaving my honest thoughts. ( )
  tdrecker | Mar 14, 2018 |
Welcome to the Hotel of Hoo!

Mr Nicholas Noo will be your guide, introducing you (and his very first guests) to the crew that works at the Hoo. Door by door, you'll meet elves, fairies, ghosts, and trolls. There's even a room with dragons! But whatever you do, avoid Door 32!

My cubs and I absolutely love Fegan and Wen's beautiful books, and Don't Ever Look Behind Door 32 was no exception. Told through charming rhyme, readers visit each room by turn, learning to count in a fun way. Going along, more and more suspense is built about the mysterious Door 32. Whatever could possibly be behind in, scarier than dragons, zombies, and ghosts? The surprise is adorably not what you expect. The artwork is amazing, with vibrant expressive characters that capture the imagination.

This is a brilliant and engaging book to help young readers learn to count, while not being at all boring or trite to parents reading with their kids. It's a great bedtime book! Several of my cubs were reminded of Hotel Transylvania 😆. I can see that. As an innkeep myself, among other things, I found this read quite amusing.

Highly recommended!

***Many thanks to TaleBlade & the author for providing an egalley in exchange for a fair and honest review. ( )
  PardaMustang | Mar 10, 2018 |

B.C. R. Fegan is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,340,574 books! | Top bar: Always visible