Kurt Busiek's Astro City: Family Album by…

Kurt Busiek's Astro City: Family Album

by Kurt Busiek (Writer), Brent Anderson (Illustrator)

Other authors: Will Blyberg (Inker)

Series: Astro City Collections (3), Astro City (V2 #1-3, 10-13)

Another phenomenal volume of Astro City. This volume focuses on different families found in Astro city, from the First Family to a new regular family that just moved to the neighborhood. As always the stories are interesting, moving and incredible. Just can't gush enough. ( )
  Rosa.Mill | Nov 21, 2015 |
Although this one has a similar style to the first book, Life in the Big City, I think Family Album is better constructed. There are four stories in this one with the uniting threads much more easily visible. The stories are much more even and interesting than those in the first volume as well. ( )
  A_Reader_of_Fictions | Apr 1, 2013 |

Busiek, KurtWriterprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Anderson, BrentIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Blyberg, WillInkersecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Ellison, HarlanIntroductionsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Roshell, JohnLetterersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Ross, AlexCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To my sisters - Amy, Robin, Faith and Jennifer - who gave me a thorough grounding in family life, and to Sydney Ann, my impending daughter, who'll teach me all about it from a new perspective.

- KURT
To Sydney, Liberty, and Stone, the newest members of the Astro City family; and to Grace and Blythe Sinclair, our most colorful additions.

- BRENT
I'm so very alone.

- ALEX
The sun's out and there's a breeze, and we don't bother to unpack, we just get outside.

Snapshots. They let us capture moments of truth, fragments of time - and that's as true in Astro City, a city of heroes, villains, monsters and more, as it is anywhere. You're invited, in this Family Album, to share in some of the city's greatest memories - from the wonder and terror experienced by a family new in town, to a world-famous superheroe's first day at school, a crimefighter and his wife facing momentous decisions about the future, and more. Just open the pages of the book in your hands - and make them your treasured memories, too.

Featuring:

The Eisner Award-Winning stories "Welcome to Astro City" and "Show 'Em All."

Presents stories about the heroes, villians, and other citizens who inhabit the cartoon world of Astro City, and the crimes and mysteries that accompany them.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 108,389,687 books! | Top bar: Always visible