The Banker's Wife by Cristina Alger

The Banker's Wife (2018)

by Cristina Alger

Every now and then I read a book that I can not keep the characters straight, it was my time, this was that book. ( )
  Sharn | Feb 6, 2019 |
Annabel is now living in Geneva with her banker husband Matthew. But her life has just crashed and burned much like the plane that was carrying Matthew. But something doesn't add up when she finds clues surrounding her husband's death. He may not have been the man she thought he was. Journalist Marina is looking into Swiss United, the bank where Matthew worked, and she uncovers evidence of a global financial scandal that will put her life in danger.

This was a very interesting look into the dark world of offshore accounts and the powerful, corrupt people who will stop at nothing to keep secrets. It was a realistic read that kept me tense. These women were living in a dangerous world and I didn't really know what would happen to them. I'd hate to be on the run and looking over my shoulder for the rest of my life. Well-written right to the satisfying end. ( )
  jenn88 | Jan 22, 2019 |
A quick fun read but pretty standard stuff. And...everyone lives happily ever after. ( )
  ghefferon | Oct 24, 2018 |
After her husband dies in a plane crash, his wife Annabel discovers he has been working for a bank that launders money for cartels and despots. She begins to suspect that the crash was not an accident and finds herself in danger. The story is told in alternating chapters about Annabel, Marina, an investigative reporter, and Zoe, an assistant at the bank. A good international thriller and an entertaining read. ( )
  jwrudn | Oct 4, 2018 |
Interesting. Good read. ( )
  shazjhb | Sep 28, 2018 |

"On an early morning in November, a couple boards a private plane bound for Geneva, flying into a storm. Soon after, it simply drops off the radar, and its wreckage is later uncovered in the Alps. Among the disappeared is Matthew Werner, a banking insider at Swiss United, a powerful offshore bank. His young widow, Annabel, is left grappling with the secrets he left behind, including an encrypted laptop and a shady client list. As she begins a desperate search for answers, she determines that Matthew's death was no accident, and that she is now in the crosshairs of his powerful enemies"--… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,203,402 books! | Top bar: Always visible