Gleipnir Vol. 1

by Sun Takeda

Series: Gleipnir (1)

A dark and sexy body-horror action manga perfect for fans of Prison School and High School of the Dead! Shuichi Kagaya is an ordinary high school kid in a boring little town. But when a beautiful classmate is caught in a warehouse fire, he discovers a mysterious power: he can transform into a furry dog with an oversized revolver and a zipper down his back. He saves the girl's life, sharing his secret with her. But she's searching for the sister who killed her family, and she doesn't care how degrading it gets: she will use Shuichi to accomplish her mission ...… (more)

I picked this out because of the eye-catching cover. What could possibly be happening with this girl and the weird costume she’s putting on?

The good news is that the answer is pretty wild and the ramifications are only beginning to be explored. It involves transformations and wishes and some very broken people.

The bad news is that right on the first page we are introduced to one of the main characters with an up-skirt panty-shot. And the fan service just keeps on coming thereafter. It doesn’t help that she is also presented as a manic – or rather “maniac” – pixie dream girl.

Still that aside – and it is a pretty big aside, I’ll admit – I find myself intrigued and am placing holds on the next two volumes at my local library. ( )
  villemezbrown | Sep 4, 2023 |

Sun Takedaprimary authorall editionscalculated
ZephyrRzTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

I'll kill you! You heartless bitch!
Contents: Chapters 1-5

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 208,877,833 books! | Top bar: Always visible