dismiss

Ocean by Warren Ellis

Ocean (original 2005; edition 2005)

by Warren Ellis

Nathan Kane, a twenty-second-century United Nations Weapons Inspector, travels to a space station orbiting Jupiter. Kane's assignment is to examine artifacts discovered on the moon Europa. A multi-planetary organization opposes Kane and fights for control of the artifacts.
Member:stevepugh
Title:Ocean
Authors:Warren Ellis
Info:Wildstorm (2005), Paperback, 160 pages
Collections:Your library, Read but unowned
Tags:fiction, graphic novel, science fiction, !borrowed

Ocean by Warren Ellis (Author) (2005)

So, so great. I wish it was longer. Grabbed me from the first page. Diverse cast, thoroughly imagined world building, so much information shared in a minimalist way. Loved it. ( )
  wosret | Oct 17, 2016 |
A neat little story about an inspector set out to investigate objects found within Europa's oceans. But then, I do tend to like Ellis' space stories. ( )
  Lexxi | Apr 14, 2015 |
Cool story and good artwork, though a little choppy at times. A fun read. ( )
  eenerd | Jul 30, 2014 |
I'm not sure why I even wanted to read this. I spotted it at the end of an Ex Machina volume. I'm glad I did read it. It's tightly written; and has strong art work. I'm disappointed that there's only one 6-issue volume. I want to know more about Nathan Kane. I think I may have liked this mostly because it pokes fun at Microsoft and Windows. ( )
  lesmel | Apr 19, 2013 |
The messages of the book seem to be that exploration is sexy, computer company monopolies are insanely evil, and guns are very bad but necessary to stop bad guys. The last page tosses in a nod to the idea that we’re not prisoners of our heritage, but it’s all undercut by the way the big guns save the day by blowing up all the problems.

Ellis, WarrenAuthorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Sprouse, ChrisPencillermain authorall editionsconfirmed
Story, KarlInkersecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 143,651,134 books! | Top bar: Always visible