Limetown by Cote Smith

Limetown

by Cote Smith

1221,092,447 (4.5)None

No tags.

LIMETOWN, by Cote Smith, follows Lia and her Uncle Emile as the both search for the truth and the purpose of Limetown. A facility clouded in mystery as to it's true purpose, Limetown is where Emile, whose has psychic gifts, ends up as a young man, and Lia stumbles upon it through some cryptic messages and some not so coincidental clues. Their unique bond becomes clear and their purposes become intertwined, but the real question is, to what end?
Lia and Emile's struggles to find themselves mirrors how many us struggle with who we are and who we want to be. As far as the plot, Smith slowly doles out morsels of knowledge, creating a near constant yearning for the reader to wonder what else they don't know. The progression of the story needlessly slowed down at times, but never did I find myself losing my desire to find out what was really going on at Limetown and what did happend to Emile and what will happen to Lia. Also, there we several minor characters I wished were either better deveoped or just left out completely; it was like a tease to meet them but not get to know them. Once finished with the novel, I was left pondering what will happen to Lia, Emile, and those around them and hoping their story continues.
Entertaining and thought-provoking from beginning to end, I found LIMETOWN to be a book not just about these characters, but it said something about family, sacrifice, and love.
Thank you to Simon & Schuster, Cote Smith, and Netgalley for a copy of this book in exchange for an honest opinion! ( )
  EHoward29 | Nov 3, 2018 |
This was an amazing listen/podcast. ( )
  jeninmotion | Sep 27, 2018 |

Is a (non-series) prequel to

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,838,002 books! | Top bar: Always visible