Interdisciplinary approaches to pedagogy and place-based education : from abstract to the quotidian

by Deric Shannon

5None2,968,913NoneNone
This book brings together scholars from a wide range of disciplines to creatively engage with place in the context of pedagogy. Beginning with an exploration of traditional place-based forms of education, such as outdoor education, travel courses, and courses on sustainability, the authors go on to expand our popular notions of place, including the classroom, the campus, our interior selves, and our digital ecosystems. This reconsideration of place-based education represents not only an engagement of prior literature on pedagogy and place, but also a re-imagining of the role that place might play in education. Authors stretch the notion of place, arguing for a holistic approach to disciplines in the humanities, social sciences, and natural sciences, bringing into focus an array of contentious issues in philosophies and methods of teaching for multiple academic disciplines and their many intersections.… (more)
Recently added byCrooper, ocs_learn, CELOUVM

No reviews

Current Discussions

Average: No ratings.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 204,640,205 books! | Top bar: Always visible