Wedding Cake Crumble

by Jenn McKinlay

With Angie and Tate's wedding just around the corner, it's a happy time for Melanie Cooper and the bakery crew. Not only are they finessing the last-minute details of the big day, but their bakery, Fairy Tale Cupcakes, has just been hired to bake cupcakes for the blockbuster book signing of a controversial author who wrote a steamy bestseller filled with juicy local gossip. But one by one, the people Angie has hired to work the wedding begin turning up dead. As the body count rises, the bestselling author is the next to bite the dust. Mel quickly realizes she needs to figure out how the murders are connected and why-before the killer brings the entire cupcake crew crumbling down. After all, Angie and Tate deserve their sweet happily ever after.… (more)

As perfect as Oz's wedding cupcakes! ( )
  Stephen.Lawton | Aug 7, 2021 |
. ( )
  amoderndaybelle | May 27, 2021 |
1288 ( )
  Olivermagnus | Jul 2, 2020 |
Bridget Blogs Books For my thoughts ( )
  RamblingBookNerd | Jun 5, 2019 |
I received this book for free from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.This is number ten in The Cupcake Bakery Mystery series. While you do not have to read the series in order to enjoy the mystery story line of this book, you do have to read the series in order for the awesome backstory. I am so excited that Tate and Angie are finally getting married because these two are made for each other and I have been invested in their romance from book one. I can also say the same for Joe and Mel, after much drama, om again off again, I am excited that these two are together again as well! Unfortunately murder is surrounding these happy nuptials and once again Angie and Mel are right in the middle of solving the murders. Blaise, Tate's childhood friend is found strangled and Tate is left devastated, then two more murders follow. Enter in Cassie, a bookseller and her author client Elise Penworthy who seems to be in the thick of things regarding the murders because Elise wrote a tell all bestseller about her neighborhood and ex-husband!

I adore the quirky characters like Marty the millionaire octogenarian who works in the bakery for fun and Oz, another employee. Peanut the puppy was adorable and stole every scene that he was in! I love that teh author features dogs in a lot of her books and cats too.

Was I surprised when finally the murderer was revealed? Definitely! Jenn McKInlay delivered again in this installment of The Cupcake Bakery series. The recipes are included as well because reading this book makes you crave cupcakes!!

fictionalblonde | Apr 10, 2019 |

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 180,347,435 books! | Top bar: Always visible