Hidden Peril (Code of Honor) by Irene Hannon

Hidden Peril (Code of Honor) (edition 2018)

by Irene Hannon (Author)

4319382,707 (4.37)8
Member:SherylHendrix
Title:Hidden Peril (Code of Honor)
Authors:Irene Hannon (Author)
Info:Revell (2018), 416 pages

Hidden Peril by Irene Hannon

The Treehouse Gang returns in Irene Hannon’s Hidden Peril (Book Two in the Code of Honor series). This time, fair trade shop owner and youth play director Kristen Dane is in the middle of an investigation which gets more complicated as it goes along. And the victims all seem to be tied to her shop. Luke Carter is on the case—and very interested in Kristen as more than a witness.

Hannon weaves a tale of intrigue hemmed with possible terrorists and embroidered with a healthy dose of romance. Luke makes no secret of his intent with Kristen but also makes it clear he can’t act upon it until the case is closed and the criminals arrested.

While the ultimate villain wasn’t much of a surprise (at least not to me), the events, investigation, romance, and familial relationships gave this book a lot of depth and kept the story moving along. And I’d be remiss if I didn’t tell you to hold out for the intense climax near the end!

Disclosure statement:
I receive complimentary books from publishers, publicists, and/or authors, including NetGalley. I am not required to write positive reviews. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. ( )
  Suzie27 | Nov 6, 2018 |
This is a really great book from one of my favorite authors, Irene Hannon. She always writes a wonderful story that draws you in and keeps you guessing.

Kristen is the owner of a shop that features products from around the world. The products help the people of different countries and give them a chance at a better life. One of the items she carries are candles from a Monastery from Syria. Suddenly, her shop and these candles become the center of a dangerous situation.

Luke Carter is the detective that is helping Kristen after the horrible events occur. Under no fault of her own, Kristen is in great danger and never sure what is going to happen next. In the midst of all these things, her parents are in an accident and she needs to deal with the strained relationship she has always had with them. It's all very stressful but we see Kristen relying on her faith in God to handle it all.

This book has everything that I love in it. A huge mystery with a really surprising ending, a thriller, and a sweet romance all rolled into one. I did figure out who was behind all the really bad stuff fairly early on, but the book is written so well, it didn't take away my enjoyment of reading to the end. There was so much going on, it kept me turning the page into the night (literally!).

If you love a good mystery/thriller, you're going to love this book. It's full of twists and surprising twists! I highly recommend this book and give it 5 out of 5 stars.

*This book was provided to me by Revell. I received a copy of this book to review but I was not financially compensated in any way. The opinions expressed are my own and are based on my observations while reading this book. ( )
  Julie.D | Nov 1, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Irene Hannon is amazing at the suspenseful romance. I really like this series about real life happenings in our world and how she handles it from a Christian perspective. I enjoy her romances as well, but love these suspense series more and more. ( )
  rjmoren | Oct 5, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This is the second book in the "Code of Honor" series and features the second person in the Treehouse Gang (childhood friends: Colin, Kristin, and Rick). Kristin Dane owns a store selling fair trade goods and when she discovers her part-time employee murdered in her store, it is the beginning of a twisted tale of international terrorism, smuggling, black market sales, and greed. Throw in a little romance between Kristin and the officer investigating the murder and you have a tried-and-true trope written by this author. Although I figured out "whodunit" and "why" shortly after the body was discovered, it was still interesting reading the unveiling of intrigue and secrets. Yes, it was a little formulaic at times, but it was still a nice inspirational, romantic suspense read. ( )
  BookDivasReads | Oct 5, 2018 |
Hidden Peril is the second book in Irene Hannon's Code of Honor series. Her meticulous research ferreted out from law enforcement officers gives her stories a ring of truth. This book confronts the realities of terror cells among us in this day and time. Kristin Dane is helping the world in her small corner of it. Following a stint in the Peace Corp, and some time to learn how to successfully run a business, she opened WorldCraft, a store that sells fair trade items and fosters community economic development in third world communities. Little did she know that her business was unintentionally helping to fund terror cells much closer to home. Detective Luke Carter was still grieving three years after the death of his wife. He struggled with the idea of “replacing” her, but his sister and his growing feelings for Kristin helped him to realize that our hearts have a limitless supply of love and that we can love additional people without replacing the ones we have loved before. Now that he was willing to risk his heart again, he must see to the safety of his new love.

Irene Hannon is a skilled writer of romantic suspense. The romance features of her stories play well against the suspense without detracting from it. Her suspense stories always keep their promise of being an edge of your seat, page turning, wild ride read. My advise is to give up on getting anything else accomplished once you pick one up. I thank NetGalley and Revell Publishing for providing me with a copy of Hidden Peril in exchange for my honest opinion. I was under no obligation to provide a positive review and received no monetary compensation. ( )
  claudia.castenir | Oct 3, 2018 |
To my father, James Hannon--who encouraged me to write suspense. Thank you for the countless tea-and-scones sessions at Starbucks to brainstorm story ideas . . .reminisce and solve all the world's problem! Your love, support, and generosity have enriched my life in ways too numerous to count. No one could have a better father--and friend.
Why was a light burning in the workshop at midnight?

LibraryThing Early Reviewers

Irene Hannon's book Hidden Peril is currently available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,304,162 books! | Top bar: Always visible