Stretching Anatomy-2nd Edition by Arnold G.…

Stretching Anatomy-2nd Edition (edition 2013)

by Arnold G. Nelson, Jouko Kokkonen

Stretching provides numerous benefits, including improved flexibility, stamina, posture and muscular strength as well as reduced muscle soreness. This guide combines step-by-step instructions for performing 86 stretches and 110 full-colour anatomical illustrations highlighting the primary muscles and surrounding structures engaged.… (more)
Member:Apostle10
Tags:Illustrated Guide to Stretching

Work Information

Stretching Anatomy by Arnold G. Nelson

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Heavily illustrated, great book.
  Apostle10 | May 15, 2024 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
The best part about this book are the illustrations showing where the muscles are and how to stretch them. I want to stay limber as well as in shape and the older I get the more stiff I am and it has been hard to figure out how to reach the areas that plague me. This book has been tremendous in helping me understand how my body is connected. ( )
  beeg | May 29, 2014 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Stretching Anatomy by Arnold Nelson and Jouko Kokkonen is the complete guide to stretching. And I do mean complete. This guide has it all, from scientific diagrams and explanations to straightforward stretching how-to's. The reading and descriptions can be dense, but if you're just looking to get started, the individual sections make it easy to understand the basic steps.

I recommend doing some of the reading before attempting any stretch because it's easier than one might think to do it wrong and risk injury. ( )
  Daniel.Estes | Jan 26, 2014 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Great detailed info, almost overwhelming. Excellent illustrations and how to guides. ( )
  jrblaylock | Jan 24, 2014 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I have been generally impressed by Human Kinetics' offerings as a publishing house, and this title has been no exception. Stretching Anatomy is an excellent reference, both accessible to read and quite thorough! The majority of the book's chapters focus on stretches for particular body regions, and each starts with an overview of the region before moving into a selection of stretches for the region. Each stretch is very nicely illustrated, as seems to be typical for this type of book, but is also well-described both in terms of how to execute it and additional considerations/variations that might apply. Highly recommended! ( )
1 vote kelsiface | Dec 23, 2013 |

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Arnold G. Nelson's book Stretching Anatomy 2E was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 206,042,267 books! | Top bar: Always visible