London Bridges (Alex Cross Novel) by James…

London Bridges (Alex Cross Novel) (original 2004; edition 2004)

by James Patterson (Author)

Alex Cross joins forces with Scotland Yard and Interpol in pursuit of the Wolf and the Weasel.
Member:TrumanBerry
Title:London Bridges (Alex Cross Novel)
Authors:James Patterson (Author)
Info:Little, Brown and Company (2004), Edition: First Edition, First Printing, 400 pages

London Bridges by James Patterson (2004)

English (55)  Dutch (2)  Spanish (1)  All languages (58)
Well that escalated quickly; last book the Wolf was kidnapping women and selling them to perverts, this book he's holding America, France, England & Israel to ransom for 4 billion dollars with nuclear weapons. I can't quite put my finger on it, but there's something about the plot that seems a little out of proportion to the former book.

That aside, the story whilst clearly absurd, was actually quite entertaining and structured in a manner that did have you guessing at what was going on and who was a good guy versus bad guy. The custody sub plot with Christine still lingers advancing slowly, Alex's love life continues in its car crash like manner with him seeming to flirt with purpose with his nan's doctor whilst still seeing Jam, but making no moves to reconcile the long distance relationship into something workable.

It's decent, more so than the last one and does tie up the Weasel & Wolf storylines, I also note Patterson can't work out how to describe Alex's porsche, in the earlier books when it was 8-14 years old it was described as his 'old black porsche' last book when it was presumably 15 years old it became his 'ancient porsche' now it's back to just being an old porsche. Maybe he washed it? ( )
  HenriMoreaux | Jul 26, 2019 |
Not a complete waste of time, since there were some mentions of poverty in SE DC, and a sense of moral compass. Nevertheless, this thriller was worth reading mostly for the practice of French, and to see how the author uses 1st person for his hero, Alex Cross, with shifting 3rd for other MCs. Reasonably predictable plot, despite the twists at the end.

Universal Date: 19 September, 12014 H.E. (Holocene/Human Era) ( )
  ShiraDest | Mar 6, 2019 |
The world is threatened, and Alex Cross races from New York, London, Monaco in pursuit of the villain. ‘The Wolf’ is a James Bond type villain, having decoys everywhere & always one step ahead. Nothing is known of this Russian defector save that he squeezes a ball (?) & something bad happened to him in Paris. So why isn’t Cross questioning the people who came up with this info and effected the defection? And, no, I don’t believe diplomats arrange this without seeing a face.

So, a silly plot, but fast-paced, and I am a fan of Patterson’s page-long chapters. You think you’ve done reading, see the next chapter is only a few paragraphs away, so find yourself reading just a little bit more... ( )
  LARA335 | Jan 14, 2019 |
Boring and confusing. What was the point? ( )
  AstridG | May 1, 2018 |
I had not read a James Patterson book in years. This is the 10th installment of the Alex Cross series out of something like 20 books. The last book I read of his was #9, and at that point I was caught up in the series.

This was another classic James Patterson book. Each chapter is like 200 words, there is constant action, and very little character development. I would rate this a 2.5 if Goodreads allowed it. I give it 3 stars only because it is such an easy read and suspenseful enough where I kept turning the pages.

My problem is that there is very little character or even scene development. It is impossible to know who the bad guy is, and when you finally find out, it doesn't strike home at all anyway. It also has Star Trek syndrome in the sense that if a minor character is introduced in the book, the odds are very good that that person is involved in some way.

I will read the next book in the series because I can read these books in a single day and I might as well soldier on. ( )
  msaucier818 | Apr 9, 2018 |

Ruti, PirjoTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Subiera Ciurana, JaumeTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Wunder, DietmarSprechersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Larry Kirshbaum.
Here's to the tenth Alex Cross.
None of this would have happened without your commitment, your wise counsel, and your friendship.
Colonel Geoffrey Shafer loved his new life in Salvador, Brazil's third-largest city and some would say its most intriguing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 142,309,261 books! | Top bar: Always visible