Christ from Beginning to End: How the Full…

Christ from Beginning to End: How the Full Story of Scripture Reveals the Full Glory of Christ (edition 2021)

by Trent Hunter (Author)

165None164,995 (5)None
From beginning to end, the Bible reveals the glory of Jesus. But for many Bible readers, it doesn't seem that simple. We're often unsure how the Bible's many stories, characters, events relate together and connect to Jesus. Some are tempted to force the pieces of the Bible together, making superficial jumps to him. Others give up trying to understand the Bible altogether. Christ from Beginning to End is written to help Christians understand better how every part of Scripture fits together to reveal the glory of Christ Jesus. In Part 1, Wellum and Hunter reintroduce us to the Bible--what it is, how it comes to us, and what it's centrally about. Then, in Part 2, they walk from one side of the Bible's story to the other, carefully tracing the Bible's storyline from Genesis to Revelation. As readers see how our triune God's plan unfolds through his covenants, they will be equipped for a lifetime of seeing Christ's glory in Scripture. From this book, you'll learn how to: read the Bible according to the three biblical contexts: the immediate context, the context of the unfolding story, and the context of the whole story centered in Christ. recognize how different parts of the Bible connect together as part of a unified story.  embrace the story of the Bible as our own, to live this story out, and to share this story with our neighbors and the nations.  You will also see the Bible's multi-layered story and how it is held together by the one plan of God to glorify himself in salvation. You'll come away with a greater awareness of our need as sinners, of the triune God in all of his grace, and of Jesus as the incarnate Son in all of his glory. … (more)
Member:chadaknudson
Title:Christ from Beginning to End: How the Full Story of Scripture Reveals the Full Glory of Christ
Authors:Trent Hunter (Author)
Info:Zondervan (2021)

Work Information

Christ from Beginning to End: How the Full Story of Scripture Reveals the Full Glory of Christ by Trent Hunter

No reviews

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 204,124,203 books! | Top bar: Always visible