Anne's Numbers: Inspired by Anne of Green…

Anne's Numbers: Inspired by Anne of Green Gables

by Kelly Hill

1912791,896 (3.64)4

I love Anne of Green Gables and I love how the author once again used the backdrop if the story to teach numbers. Each page had a number and an item from nature that would have been seen at a picnic by the lake. The book culminated in the picnic scene from the Anne of Green Gables story. The illustrations, done in thread, material and wool gave this book an added interest for young children who love anything tactile. A wonderful idea for a board book for toddlers to teach numbers as well as introduce them to a classic story. Another win for Kelly Hill. The publisher generously provided me with a copy of this book via Netgalley. ( )
  Carlathelibrarian | Feb 5, 2019 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I won this book in a LibraryThing giveaway. This is such a lovely, adorable book! I loved the embroidered illustrations, Anne is so cute! A fun board book to help your little ones learn numbers and to get them interested in Ann of Green Gables! I hope there are more books like this!
  book_in_hand | Jul 5, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
What a delightful and craftsy little counting book. Introduces pre-readers to the Anne of Green Gables series, although they wouldn't be ready for the actual books for several years, they can still enjoy the simplicity of her world. Yarn and felt and embroidery and ginghams and plaids and calicos give the illustrations a quaint and dreamy quality. Lovely book ( )
  RobertaLea | Jun 29, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
A cute counting book which has adorable fabric art featuring everyone's favourite redhead. I found it charming and I'll be gifting it to my young nieces for their collection. ( )
  MickyFine | Jun 28, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This is a simple, sweet board book to teach numbers, with illustrations inspired by Anne of Green Gables. In that sense, it's very similar to the BabyLit series of board books that teach numbers, colors, shapes, etc. based on classic works of literature. From the child's point of view, the book is just about the numbers and the pictures, but for the adult reading the book to the child, it's a fun and nostalgic tie-in. Anne is a good choice for a book like this, because then the original work can be read to or by the child when he or she is older. ( )
  amysisson | Jun 27, 2018 |

"Iconic moments from the beloved L.M. Montgomery classic are celebrated in this adorable concept book. Walk along with Anne as she goes on a nature walk, counting trees, flowers, clouds and friends! The path Anne takes is based on the description of Anne's walk to school in Anne of Green Gables. Each scene has multiple counting opportunities, with simple text and tactile, gorgeous works of art created from cut fabric and embroidery."--Provided by publisher.… (more)

LibraryThing Early Reviewers

Kelly Hill's book Anne's Numbers is currently available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,573,982 books! | Top bar: Always visible