Have you checked out SantaThing, LibraryThing's gift-giving tradition?
dismiss

Accounting Quickstart Guide: The Simplified Beginners Guide to Real-world…

by Josh Bauerle

Meet Josh Bauerle, reluctant accounting student turned super CPA and author of the Accounting QuickStart Guide, 3rd edition. This is the revolutionary book that expertly simplifies accounting fundamentals. It's an invaluable resource for accounting students, business owners, bookkeepers, and other finance and recordkeeping professionals worldwide! Whether you are a business owner looking to boost your bottom line or an accounting student looking to boost your grade, this book will prove indispensable on your journey to knowledge.Why do accounting students, business owners, and finance professionals love this book so much? The Accounting QuickStart Guide smashes the myth that says accounting must be dry, dense, and difficult to learn. Josh Bauerle simplifies the core principles of accounting with entertaining stories and examples as well as clarifying illustrations and practice problems-all of which combine to provide learners a path to fast and effective mastery of the material.… (more)

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Packed full of practical examples, this accounting manual lays out the basics for financial statements, assets, liabilities, equity, managerial accounting, income tax, and fraud. This book is for a beginner. ( )
  bemislibrary | Feb 7, 2020 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
An easy-to-read, high-level survey of accounting. Starting with the basics of income, balance and cashflow statements, to discussions of journals, ledgers and the chart of accounts, this book also covers more intermediate topics such as financial statement analysis and fraud detection.

The book is not really targeted to someone learning to be an accountant, but to someone, like an investor, a manager or a business owner who needs to deal with financial statements (or deal with accountants) and desires a basic familiarity with the subject.

(I received an review copy for free, and I am leaving this review voluntarily.) ( )
  Cicero | Sep 19, 2019 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
A good guide to those interested in accounting basics. I received it digitally, so I felt it was a bit harder to really study the material, but that's personal. ( )
  Zouaghimm | Aug 25, 2019 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This short book is a nice overview of accounting. A reader can expect to get a quick summary of the important terms, forms, and concepts of a business accounting system. All in less than 200 pages. The book achieves the author's stated objective of providing understanding to a total newbie. ( )
  deldevries | Jul 25, 2019 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This book is a good beginners guide to accounting. The language used is simple and any accounting specific terms are defined and explained. The introduction is engaging and puts you in the right mindset for the topic. A summary of chapters gives the reader a preview of what to expect and allows them to skip around if a certain topic is of more interest than others. Although, it's recommended to read in order. The equations and concepts are explained in detail and examples are given in the form of written scenarios and sample documents. There are recaps at the ends of chapters that sum up the main takeaways. A short quiz at the end of the book allows you to test your knowledge. Overall a good introduction to accounting! ( )
  ArcticLeaf | Jul 23, 2019 |
I've won this book in Librarything review program twice, but I didn't receive it in June, and for the second time I've won it in July and received it about couple of days ago. I've read this book in 2 days, which doesn't mean it's easy to understand or not important, but because I had to share my honest review with the Author as soon as I could.

This book includes not just accounting sections but some usefull tips of how to write The Financial Section of a Business Plan such as: FINANCIAL STATEMENTS, Balance Sheet, FINANCIAL STATEMENT ANALYSIS, Methods of Depreciation, ASSETS, LIABILITIES and EQUITY which were really helpful to me because currently I'm writting my business plan.

The Author began with the introduction of ACCOUNTING AS A TOOL OF BUSINESS, and a great explaination of Business Entity Types the way your business will be taxed. (really helpful especially if you haven't register your company yet). He broke down Branches of Accounting to: Bookkeeping, Financial Accounting for External Parties, Managerial Accounting for Internal Parties, Income Tax Accounting as the four most essential and prevalent accounting branches.

You'll also find a chapter of MONITORING STOCKS & INVESTMENTS in this book with some usefull information especailly to know how stocks and investing is connected to all businesses.

The most interesting part of the book for me is chapter 9: Detecting and Preventing Fraud.

I really liked the way that author covered this chapter and explained about how Ethics and fraud prevention are critical aspects of accounting, Accountants and bookkeepers, as well as any business professionals are handling sensitive financial records and they must exercise an exceptional degree of ethical decision-making and scrutiny.
There are a lot of True stories about trainers, bookkeepers, etc, of fraud that affecting companies of all sizes and involving all types of perpetrators. Small-business owners may hold the mistaken impression that their close-knit, family-like work environment makes them immune from fraud.

I give trully 5 star out of 5 because of all those reasons that I mentioned above, and I truley suggest you to order it today specially if you're trying to handle your own or business finances. It is very easy to understand and grasp, you will learn a lot from it.

I’d like to thank John Donnachie and Clydebank Media for providing me a copy of this book along with other digital materials including modules, video contents and free access to all these great materials on their website in exchange of an honest and unbiased feedback for the book. to read more about this book take a look at http://3ee.info/accounting-quickstart... which is a book review website.
added by Amin916 | editLibraryThing.com, 3ee (Aug 12, 2018)

Belongs to Publisher Series

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Josh Bauerle's book Accounting QuickStart Guide: The Simplified Beginner’s Guide to Real-World Financial & Managerial was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 164,323,864 books! | Top bar: Always visible