Platters and Boards: Beautiful, Casual Spreads for Every Occasion

by Shelly Westerhausen, Wyatt Worcel (Author)

"This visual cornucopia of a cookbook is the guide to entertaining with effortless style. Celebrated author and food blogger Shelly Westerhausen shares the secrets to creating casually chic spreads anyone can make and everyone will enjoy (and envy). Organized by time of day, 40 contemporary arrangements are presented with gorgeous photography, easy-to-prepare recipes, suggested meat and drink pairings, and notes on preparation and presentation. Helpful advice includes tips on portioning, picking surfaces and vessels, pairing complementary textures and flavors, plus a handy chart featuring board suggestions for a variety of occasions (from holiday parties to baby showers). Platters and Boards is an inspiring housewarming or hostess gift and resource for throwing unforgettable get-togethers."--Amazon.com.… (more)

English (2)  Swedish (1)  All languages (3)
Really practical suggestions, tips, and recipes for entertaining. (And those who love to nosh.) I particularly like the "portioning grid", that helps you scale the ideas up or down, based on how many you plan on serving. The section that gives you suggestions on which boards, platters, etc. to serve based on occasion, large or small, is also helpful. There were also simple boards, etc. for things like Movie Night or Date Night.

This book is much more accessible than similar books that I've read. Others have been somewhat pretentious, expecting that you have gourmet, artisan shops on every corner of your town. (Apparently, we're all supposed to be Ina Garten's neighbors.) Platters and Boards didn't seem that way at all to me; while encouraging you to buy locally, it was totally do-able. They even mentioned the name of a cheese maker in my area. (Sweet Grass Dairy, ftw!) This was a fun take on snacking and I highly recommend it. ( )
  tiasreads | Dec 11, 2019 |
I only add cookbooks to My Books after I have successfully tried recipes from them!! ( )
  mchwest | May 25, 2018 |

Shelly Westerhausenprimary authorall editionscalculated
Worcel, WyattAuthormain authorall editionsconfirmed

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 208,471,623 books! | Top bar: Always visible