Destiny Fulfilled by Laire McKinney

Destiny Fulfilled

by Laire McKinney

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Wren is taking care of her mother who is schizophrenic and she's afraid that she's becoming like her mother. Riagen is a Druid manslut who is supposed to be protecting a cauldron. But he's bored with that, immortality can do that for you. So he's out screwing someone when he should be protecting the cauldron, and this isn't the first time. He gets busted and sentence to find love and made into a mortal man and dropped onto earth. Not too far from Wren lives of course. He saves her life, but kills the guy trying to kill her. From there it was a bit of skim reading over the pages as I hit forward.

Because it turns out the Wren is really the daughter of the King of Faerie (I mean did you not see that coming?) and is the Redeemer. She helps save the cauldron, Riagen of course has realized he loves her but has a duty to stay. Solution is found and there's the neat wrap up at the end.

Not terribly difficult to follow, if you want an easy read this is it. Sex isn't anything detailed, so kind of in the old Harlequin realm. ( )
  pnwbookgirl | Aug 14, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
What a great read with lots of romance and fantasy characters to boost your imagination. Wren and Ray are a wonderful pairing and throw in a wonderful dog and you have a great story. I look forward to reading more books from this author.
  nncyguild | Aug 4, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
What a FANTASTIC novel that I couldn't get enough of reading! I liked that I found a NEW author who whetted my appetite for more paranormal and I MUST read more! I loved that Wren took care of her mom who was thought to be deranged as she was hearing voices in her head. She knew that she too would end up like her mom. At first, I didn't like Raigan Tenner as he was selfish and a womanizer who left his post of guarding the ancient cauldron and it was almost stolen! As his punishment, he was banished to the human realm and only if he found a woman who loved him and he loved her could he return to his realm and duties, but he was yanked away from his mother as was his twin before he what LOVE WAS! ( )
  HOTCHA | Jul 31, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Wren lives in fear that one day she'll be as crazy as her mother and it looks like that day is fast approaching. Riagen has been banished to Earth and mortality and he has only a few days to fall in love and be loved in return in order to protect all the worlds from grave danger. The problem? He has no idea what love is but he is powerfully attracted to Wren.
Riagen is a bit of a jerk but part of that can be blamed on his upbringing. Wren's struggles with her mother and the emergence of her destiny are captivating. I love how she clings to normal as things get decidedly abnormal. I love how she becomes the hero that saves the day with Riagen providing backup. I rooted for them as a couple by the end. I enjoyed the universe created by the author. I really liked the "dog". ( )
  madlibrarian | Jul 13, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I did enjoy this book. I was not expecting the supernatural aspect of it but that is probably because I normally do not read to much the summary of a book prior to reading it. I thought the overall story line was good. ( )
  lulu150 | Jun 19, 2018 |

LibraryThing Early Reviewers

Laire McKinney's book Destiny Fulfilled is currently available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,140,681 books! | Top bar: Always visible