Check out the Valentine’s Day Heart Hunt!

No Less Days by Amanda G Stevens

No Less Days (edition 2018)

by Amanda G Stevens (Author)

Member:mrsrenee
Title:No Less Days
Authors:Amanda G Stevens (Author)
Info:Shiloh Run Press (2018), 320 pages
Collections:Your library, A bit of romance, ARC Book Reviews, Christian Fiction, Faith, Action and Adventure, Fantasy, Fiction, kindle
Rating:*****

No Less Days by Amanda G. Stevens

I won a copy of this book and I didn't know it was Christian Fiction. Definitely not something I would grab for myself to read. I was not turned off by the religious aspects of it though, as most are subtle and not in your face. I tended to glaze over them, which makes me believe this book would have been just as good without them. I won't say they didn't add anything as that's not my place to judge, but I won't judge the book either on parts that I wasn't particularly interested in. I wouldn't judge a mystery on it being mysterious, or a romance for being romantic. So now that we're past that...

The premise of this story is really cool. I admit, it reminded me of that Blake Lively move, Age of Adeline, but WAY better. There was thought here, and it drew me in the second I started reading.

The main focus of the story is that David Galloway cannot die. It should have happened, many times. But nope. Still here... 100 some odd years later and still looking every bit a healthy 35 year old man. We learn a lot of David's history, as well as his present situation, and we wonder: How did he become this way? Are there others like him? Will he ever die? How does he live live without ever aging?

I read this book really fast as I honestly wanted to find out what would happen. Page after page, it kept me riveted. I would give it 5 Stars, but I had some issues with parts of the story. Particularly all the themes going on - some felt really unnecessary. There was a lot of mystery, racial stuff, domestic abuse, love stories, historical references, religion, murders, celebrity, books.... I'm probably missing more. I felt like too much was happening and a lot could be toned down or eliminated. And it's very obviously set up for a sequel, but the way this "strange character" just showed up and then left... felt really disjointed and out of place.

I'm also not a big Speculative Fiction reader as well as the Christian Fiction genre. I would have never bought this book and read it on my own. But that is how you lose certain generalizations about things, and find some of the best stories. I took a chance, and I won :)

I'm happy to have read this book. And I'm pretty sure this is a sequel in the works, and I'll most likely seek that one out to read! ( )
  Bookapotamus | Jun 27, 2018 |
I’ve never read speculative fiction before, and doubt it’ll grow to be a favorite genre, but I must admit No Less Days drew me in and kept my interest.

It was interesting to imagine what it would be like to live without the fear or certainty of death. I imagine I’d be similar to David Galloway, isolating myself in a hoard of books (only half-joking here.)

The spiritual aspects of this story are meaningful and wonderfully threaded throughout. I sympathized with the “good” and “bad” characters, and rooted for them.

If you enjoy speculative fiction, or stories with mystical and spiritual properties, I think you’ll be satisfied with this intriguing story.

I received a complimentary copy of this book from Barbour Publishing and was under no obligation to post a review. ( )
  Nicnac63 | Jun 18, 2018 |
No Less Days by Amanda G. Stevens caught my eye as soon as I came across it. I didn't know what to expect when I first started reading this book but after a few pages, I was absolutely hooked!

The concept of No Less Days is a game changer ~ a Faith based sci-fi novel that explores immortality from a bright new perspective that is very intriguing. The characters are engaging and realistically flawed. David, the main character is world weary, tired of immortality and depends on his relationship with God to see him through as he struggles with his existence and how to fit in with the rest of the world.

Add in a creative and awesome plot full of twists and turns leading to surprises that I never saw coming and you have a refreshingly creative, captivating story. I can't wait to read the other books in this series!

I received this book for free. A favorable review was not required and all views expressed are my own. Thank you to Ms. Stevens, Shiloh Run Press and Netgalley for the opportunity to read/review this book. ( )
  mrsrenee | Jun 14, 2018 |
The concept was very interesting, people serving the lord and that are not able to die. They just live forever. They can get hurt or sick but they heal quickly. I was glad David found out that there were more people like him, all saved by the same serum from the same doctor. I loved that he collected books and owned a book store. I was glad he told his assistant Tiana about his living forever. Nice work of speculative fiction. Overall a solid three star book for me. I do not usually read Christian fiction. I have some friends who might enjoy this one whom I plan to recommend this book to them. Some parts were slow but it did pick up once he found the others like him. The writing is nice. The character development is great.
  DKnight0918 | May 31, 2018 |
Everyone has always pursued the idea of living forever, being immortal, unable to die.

But, what would life be like if you could never die?

David Galloway is immortal, through a string of unbelievable events, he finds out that he is not the only one to have this affliction. Yes, it is an affliction. Knowing that if you love someone, they will age and die naturally, while you keep on living.

This is a very interesting book, makes you think about what you ask for. ( )
  HuberK | May 14, 2018 |

As far as David Galloway knows, he can't die. He wonders where he fits in the world, in God's plan for the past and the future. He believes himself to be the only person on earth who hasn't aged in over a century. He's wrong about that.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 132,479,539 books! | Top bar: Always visible