No Less Days by Amanda G Stevens

No Less Days (edition 2018)

by Amanda G Stevens (Author)

Member:mrsrenee
Title:No Less Days
Authors:Amanda G Stevens (Author)
Info:Shiloh Run Press (2018), 320 pages
Collections:Your library, A bit of romance, ARC Book Reviews, Christian Fiction, Faith, Action and Adventure, Fantasy, Fiction, kindle
Rating:*****

No Less Days by Amanda G. Stevens

No tags.

I’ve never read speculative fiction before, and doubt it’ll grow to be a favorite genre, but I must admit No Less Days drew me in and kept my interest.

It was interesting to imagine what it would be like to live without the fear or certainty of death. I imagine I’d be similar to David Galloway, isolating myself in a hoard of books (only half-joking here.)

The spiritual aspects of this story are meaningful and wonderfully threaded throughout. I sympathized with the “good” and “bad” characters, and rooted for them.

If you enjoy speculative fiction, or stories with mystical and spiritual properties, I think you’ll be satisfied with this intriguing story.

I received a complimentary copy of this book from Barbour Publishing and was under no obligation to post a review. ( )
  Nicnac63 | Jun 18, 2018 |
No Less Days by Amanda G. Stevens caught my eye as soon as I came across it. I didn't know what to expect when I first started reading this book but after a few pages, I was absolutely hooked!

The concept of No Less Days is a game changer ~ a Faith based sci-fi novel that explores immortality from a bright new perspective that is very intriguing. The characters are engaging and realistically flawed. David, the main character is world weary, tired of immortality and depends on his relationship with God to see him through as he struggles with his existence and how to fit in with the rest of the world.

Add in a creative and awesome plot full of twists and turns leading to surprises that I never saw coming and you have a refreshingly creative, captivating story. I can't wait to read the other books in this series!

I received this book for free. A favorable review was not required and all views expressed are my own. Thank you to Ms. Stevens, Shiloh Run Press and Netgalley for the opportunity to read/review this book. ( )
  mrsrenee | Jun 14, 2018 |
The concept was very interesting, people serving the lord and that are not able to die. They just live forever. They can get hurt or sick but they heal quickly. I was glad David found out that there were more people like him, all saved by the same serum from the same doctor. I loved that he collected books and owned a book store. I was glad he told his assistant Tiana about his living forever. Nice work of speculative fiction. Overall a solid three star book for me. I do not usually read Christian fiction. I have some friends who might enjoy this one whom I plan to recommend this book to them. Some parts were slow but it did pick up once he found the others like him. The writing is nice. The character development is great.
  DKnight0918 | May 31, 2018 |
Everyone has always pursued the idea of living forever, being immortal, unable to die.

But, what would life be like if you could never die?

David Galloway is immortal, through a string of unbelievable events, he finds out that he is not the only one to have this affliction. Yes, it is an affliction. Knowing that if you love someone, they will age and die naturally, while you keep on living.

This is a very interesting book, makes you think about what you ask for. ( )
  HuberK | May 14, 2018 |
David Galloway is a character you can’t help but sympathize. Years (decades and centuries) of living a solitary life while closely guarding his secret haven’t deterred him from living as a man of integrity. A man who is willing to do the right thing, to seek justice, no matter the difficulty.

Even when David finds others like him, he continues to stand on the fringes, often alone in the crowd.

I read Amanda G. Steven’s Haven Seekers series and enjoyed it, but this book has so much more depth to it. Each of the characters is well developed and interesting.
With a hint of nostalgia for the way things once were with references to classic books and movies, and the possibility of something David has given up on edging in. No Less Days is a story that is unique and timeless, one that explores many spiritual topics such as right vs. wrong; listening for (and obeying) God’s voice; and relationship and community without preaching to the reader.

In essence, it’s a book that is worth the time it takes to read, one that left me both satisfied and itching to learn more about the others in this group. Here’s hoping there are more books to come

Disclosure statement:
I receive complimentary books from publishers, publicists, and/or authors, including NetGalley. I am not required to write positive reviews. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. ( )
  Suzie27 | May 14, 2018 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,378,974 books! | Top bar: Always visible