Rock Chick Reborn

by Kristen Ashley

Series: Rock Chick (9)

"As a Rock Chick, Shirleen Jackson lived through all the kidnappings and explosions. Along the way, she also watched the dramatic love stories that came with those rides unfold. But long ago, Shirleen made her choice. It affected who she was and would always be. She decided to settle for what she had and not want more. She had good friends. She was raising two fine young men who weren't hers, but she loved them anyway. She was good. And then Moses Richardson crashed into her life, literally...and deliberately. Moses has different ideas about Shirleen. He's more interested in the Shirleen of now, mostly because she's interesting. And funny. And loyal. Smart. Beautiful. But Moses has a big challenge on his hands. He has to convince Shirleen of all that. And then convince her she deserves to have more" --… (more)

If you managed to make it to this one then you know who Shirleen is and what she has been through.

She left the bad life behind and has turned it all around. Roam and Sniff couldn't have hand picked a better foster mother. And she's sassy enough to manage all those bad ass guys at Nightingale Investigations. She's been instrumental in all the Rock Chicks finding love but never figured she would have it for herself.

Enter a beautiful man named Moses who's first encounter with her is a classic. He's a good guy. Lee and the boys know, they researched him. In fact the leader of the HB has decided to play match maker. It's such a touching and sweet story of second chances....it totally fits Shirleen and gives this woman what she deserves, her very own happily ever after.

Perfect end to a kick ass series.
  ChachaJ | Feb 1, 2021 |
Shirleen and Moses.

This is the last book of The Rock Chick series so it's best to read the previous books first, there are referrals to previous couples whose stories we have read and although not detailed it could spoil the series.

Shirleen has been the matchmaker and meddler in the series Nd now works for Lee, having come clean from her past.
The book is beautifully written. It is an emotional ride.
There are scenes with Roam and Sniff as well as all the HB and the rock chicks.

Lee particularly comes out well in this book, he has quite a few scenes.

The 'Hot Bunch' all appear, if briefly as they all show an interest in Shirleen and Moses.

We learn a bit more of Shirleen's past and it's heartbreaking.

Moses is a dream, he reminded me of Marcus and he has his own issues from his past.

There is no cheating, no ex drama, though there are exes, a HEA and an epilogue.

The negatives...
Shirleen cares about the brands of her shoes and handbags and it gets mentioned alot, personally I have no interest but KA usually has her H/h have her ' thing' that makes that character unique and I guess this is Shirleens, but I didn't care.
It is a novella, KA books are usually quite long so as a novella this is more than you get from other anthors but it is still a novella so although there is plenty of detail and development of the characters it is still a short story that skims over some points. I suppose it a credit to the author that readers may wish it was longer.

"I’d been played.
By the Rock Chicks and the Hot Bunch.
Those boys had such big mouths."

Liam ‘Badass isn’t my middle name, it’s my way of life’

💓💋💖💞💕

👠👜💄 ( )
  izzied | Oct 29, 2020 |
4 stars

I really wanted to like this one more. However, other than a few moments with key previous characters and Shirleen with her boys it fell short. That makes me sad because this had potential. ( )
  MagicalRi | Dec 22, 2019 |
I had mixed feelings about Shirleen from previous books, but I loved this story, after I let go that Moses was so in to her from the moment he saw her. Shirleen didn't feel she deserved her happy, and I loved how her friends and Moses wouldn't let her walk away. Everyone deserves a Moses in their lives and friends that care enough to want the best for you. So sweet and loving, and seeing more into Roam and Sniff's stories was frosting on the cake.
  wyldheartreads | Jun 20, 2019 |
That was...beautiful. ( )
  Amelia1989 | Jun 10, 2019 |

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 166,231,062 books! | Top bar: Always visible