Hiding in Plain Sight by Mary Ellis

Hiding in Plain Sight

by Mary Ellis

721,740,479 (4)None
On the run from a troubled past, Kate Weller, the newest member of Price Investigations, covers her tracks, changes her name and takes a case in Charleston, South Carolina, where she can hide in plain sight. Renting a charming room with a waterfront view, Kate sets about trying to locate her adopted client's natural siblings, only to find more questions than answers when she eventually tracks down a long-lost sister. Meanwhile, her new landlord won't stop sticking his nose into her case. As far as Kate's concerned, Eric Manfredi should focus on whatever competitor is bent on ruining his family business. But when petty vandalism turns lethal, and Eric's father is arrested for murder, Kate is determined to prove his innocence. Can she find the real culprit before a killer from her own past tracks her down?… (more)

3.5 Stars

Mary Ellis wooed me to her writing by immersing me in different settings in her Secrets if the South series. And I was thrilled to see she’s continuing that trend (albeit with a new series) in Charleston, South Carolina.

After a threat from her past creates a need for Kate to leave Savannah, she is handed her first solo case. One that seems cut and dry. Kate is happy to find a place to live in the form of a suite above an Italian restaurant in the heart of Charleston. But there’s something suspicious happening to the family that tuns Bella Trattoria.

This book has a bit of everything for readers—suspense, mystery, danger, emotions, secrets, and romance. With a couple of issues unresolved by the final pages, you can bet I’ll be watching for the next installment of the Kate Weller mysteries.

Disclosure statement:
I receive complimentary books from publishers, publicists, and/or authors, including NetGalley. I am not required to write positive reviews. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. ( )
  Suzie27 | Aug 21, 2018 |
I loved, this book, what a great page turner and I now can’t wait for the next book, there better be one as we rather ended on a cliff hanger.
I have enjoyed each and every book in this series, and was happy to find another new book in the series of the Price Agency!
This story contains more than one, and at times it’s non-stop action, you never know what is going to happen next. There is murder and attempted murder, arson, larceny, assault, and even blowing up cars, and more.
I want more of Kate/Jill and hope that we will soon be back with the Monfredi family, I need some more answers!

I received this book through Net Galley and the Publisher Severn House Publishers, and was not required to give a positive review. ( )
  alekee | Aug 1, 2018 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 141,809,007 books! | Top bar: Always visible