Off the Clock: Feel Less Busy While Getting…

Off the Clock: Feel Less Busy While Getting More Done (edition 2018)

by Laura Vanderkam (Author)

"I well recall a conversation with an executive I hoped to interview about her astonishing productivity. I began our call with an assurance that I would not take much of her time. She laughed. 'Oh, I have all the time in the world,' she said." Most of us feel constantly behind, unsure how to escape feeling oppressed by busyness. Laura Vanderkam, unlike other time-management gurus, believes that in order to get more done, we must first feel like we have all the time in the world. Think about it: why haven't you trained for that 5K or read War and Peace? Probably because you feel beaten down by all the time you don't seem to have. In this book, Vanderkam reveals the seven counterintuitive principles the most time-free people have adopted. She teaches mindset shifts to help you feel calm on the busiest days and tools to help you get more done without feeling overwhelmed. You'll meet people such as... ♦ An elementary school principal who figured out how to spend more time mentoring teachers, and less time supervising the cafeteria ♦ An executive who builds lots of meeting-free space into his calendar, despite managing teams across multiple continents ♦ A CEO who does focused work in a Waffle House early in the morning, so he can keep an open door and a relaxed mindset all day ♦ An artist who overcame a creative block, and reached new heights of productivity, by being more gentle with herself, rather than more demanding The strategies in this book can help if your life feels out of control, but they can also help if you want to take your career, your relationships, and your personal happiness to the next level. Vanderkam has packed this book with insights from busy yet relaxed professionals, including "time makeovers" of people who are learning how to use these tools. Off the Clock can inspire the rest of us to create lives that are not only productive, but enjoyable in the moment.… (more)
Member:funktanaka
Title:Off the Clock: Feel Less Busy While Getting More Done
Authors:Laura Vanderkam (Author)
Info:Portfolio (2018), 256 pages
Collections:To read
Tags:star

Off the Clock: Feel Less Busy While Getting More Done by Laura Vanderkam

A recount of some classic Vanderkam ideas. Good, but I felt this one had less of a clear point to make than her other works. ( )
  MaidMeri | Mar 31, 2020 |
A very personal look at how we spend our time. The very personal part is that the author examines her own life and time as the central structure of the book. Simple, but great ideas have a way of hiding just beneath the surface. The author helped me to think and find some of those ideas. ( )
  deldevries | Oct 23, 2019 |
To Alex
One July Friday not long ago, I woke in a hotel room in the little town of Bar Harbor, Maine.

GenreThing

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 160,247,562 books! | Top bar: Always visible