Girl Boner: The Good Girl's Guide to Sexual…

Girl Boner: The Good Girl's Guide to Sexual Empowerment

by August McLaughlin

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I was not aware of the blog that prompted this book before receiving it so I was in for a real treat. The author addresses very important topics in women's sexual lives with a frankness that I enjoy. The use of humor in the book also lightens the mood of a topic that even now is hard for some people to grasp. As a middle-aged woman I found the book to be an accurate representation of things most women go through. The chapter on gender identities with the interviews of folks from various backgrounds helped immensely explain a life situation that I have a hard time understanding. I am passing this book onto my 20-something daughter and will also share it with my teenage daughter as well. Absolutely worth a read! ( )
  ShawnMarie | Oct 9, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Despite the title, this book was not written solely for girls and women but also with intersex, trans, and nonbinary people in mind. I think the author makes a good faith effort to be inclusive of the many groups of people who may benefit from her work, although she does often revert back to framing things around women's experience specifically. While no one book can be wholly comprehensive, the book covers more ground than I expected it to (content ranges from a birth control comparison chart and sex toy shopping tips to reflections on how stress, eating disorders, and religion can affect a person's sex life) and is heavily sourced. ( )
  theodarling | Sep 18, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Would recommend to any and all womxn, not just self-described "good girls." I appreciated the author's gender inclusivity, the scope of sexual wellness topics covered, and her personal anecdotes. This was a joy to read and really felt like having a heart-to-heart with funny, sincere friend over a glass of wine. Thanks for this, August. ( )
  saraotero | Sep 10, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This book is aimed at a female audience. The book covers many topics that are relevant to strengthening a woman's sexual experience. The author is honest and knowledgeable. The author has also overcome many of the societal, cultural, and religious limitations and taboos. She is respectful and tries to be helpful. I recommend this book to women. ( )
  GlennBell | Sep 9, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I received a free copy of this book from Library Thing's Early Reviewer's Program. Thank you Library Thing and the publisher.

This book should be in the library of every woman and available to every girl! There is so much good info in here! It covers topics like identifying lady bits and how they work, how to care for them, what is consent and how it works, STI's, gender and orientation terms and definitions, talk about sex toys, positions, and so much other important and sometimes hard to come by and hard to discus info!

This book is easy and fun to read, relatable, and informative. I enjoyed it, and learned some things. If I had a daughter, this would be available for her to read. ( )
  SoubhiKiewiet | Sep 8, 2018 |

LibraryThing Early Reviewers

August McLaughlin's book Girl Boner: The Good Girl's Guide to Sexual Empowerment is currently available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 131,846,260 books! | Top bar: Always visible