Arrr! Pirate Flag(Celebrate International Talk Like a Pirate Day) Thar be a hunt for treasure, Mateys!
dismiss

Co-Ed by Rachel Van Dyken

Co-Ed (edition 2018)

by Rachel Van Dyken (Author)

811,543,754 (3.5)None
Member:seriesousbooks
Title:Co-Ed
Authors:Rachel Van Dyken (Author)
Info:Rachel Van Dyken (2018), Edition: 1, 248 pages
Rating:***

Co-Ed by Rachel Van Dyken

I picked it up because it's a spinoff of the Wingmen Series. Plus, it's a reverse harem which I've never read about but was curious to see in a new adult setting. And I was on vacation and needed a contemporary romance between two darker YA stories.

There was just something about the pacing in this story that didn't really work for me. I loved the start. I think if we stuck with the "Shawn needs to seduce Knox" storyline, I would have rated this higher. But as soon as that idea is brought to light, it disappears. I felt like we repeated the same stuff over and over in the middle; especially the idea that Knox has a secret in his past. I wish it was brought out earlier to help facilitate some deeper character growth.

But the way the ending resolved irked me to no end.

I liked all the characters. I think both Shawn and Knox's characters could have been fleshed out more, especially with their past relationships.

Truthfully, I was worried about the reverse harem premise but then I remembered it was a staple of some anime I used to watch so I got over it. It was well done all things considered. It was nice to not have every guy in love with the heroine. And while Knox and Shawn have good chemistry, I thought they lacked some depth to their feelings.

Full Review: https://wp.me/p7hLUw-2UH
Actual Rating: 2.5/5 ( )
  seriesousbooks | Aug 12, 2019 |

Four guys. Constant moaning. And a revolving door across the college suite I somehow ended up in because my first name is Shawn. They don't discriminate. Girls. Guys. Grandmas. Plants (okay maybe not plants) all walks of life stroll in stressed to the brim, and leave so satisfied I'm wondering what sort of talents lie behind that door. My roommate calls them the pleasure ponies. But the rest of the college campus? They just call them the new face of Wingmen Inc. A paid for relationship service that makes big promises. Breakup? They'll glue you back together again. Depressed? They have the magic pill. Lonely? Just spend a few minutes while they rub you down and you'll forget all about it. And broken hearts? Well, that's their specialty. They'll fix you. For a price... I swore I wouldn't get involved. But apparently they like a challenge, and a girl who doesn't put up with their BS is basically like waving a red flag in front of a bull. They. All. Charged. But one holds my attention above the rest. Knox Turner looks like a Viking -- and getting pillaged is starting to look more appealing by the day. Though he's hiding something -- all of them are. And the closer I get. The more I realize that some things are left better in the past. You've read reverse harem books before -- but you've never read one like this. It's not what you think, or is it? Dive in and find out... Knox, Leo, Finn, and Slater are waiting, and they aren't patient men. Welcome to the new face of Wingmen Inc -- You're welcome.… (more)

Rachel Van Dyken is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,097,899 books! | Top bar: Always visible