Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald…

by J. K. Rowling (Author)

This screenplay in book form describes the dialogue and action of the film. After Newt Scamander helps to capture Gellert Grindelwald, the criminal soon escapes custody and begins gathering followers under his ideology of keeping magic for pure-blood wizards only. Albus Dumbledore, Grindelwald's truest friend, has no choice but to resist the charismatic leader and ask Newt to help thwart the plans for (wizarding) world domination.… (more)
Member:mgdp1015
Title:Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald - The Original Screenplay (Harry Potter)
Authors:J. K. Rowling (Author)
Info:Arthur A. Levine Books (2018), Edition: 1st Edition, 304 pages

Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald - The Original Screenplay by J. K. Rowling

English (3)  French (1)  All languages (4)
This is the screenplay to the 2nd Fantastic Beasts movie. I had seen the movie before reading the screenplay. I found the movie underwhelming and full of filler scenes. But at least the movie had stunning visuals and a handful of interesting new "beasts". Grindelwald escapes from custody while being transported from the US to England. He has a gang of dangerous minions and is building a following by telling people what they want to hear. My favorite characters in the first movie were Queenie (a witch) and Jacob (a Muggle she falls in love with). In this movie/book Queenie falls under the spell of Grindelwald and joins him. I asked myself -- How can a character who reads minds fall for the lies of someone like Grindelwald? Answer: character assassination. They killed Queenie as I knew her in the first movie. This is the saddest part for me. I did feel more of a connection with the characters of Newt and Tina in this one - they were so bland and one dimensional in the first.
For now I'm still planning to continue watching/reading this series, mainly because I enjoy the performances of the actress who plays Queenie, Alison Sudol, and the actor who plays Jacob, Dan Fogler. ( )
1 vote VioletBramble | May 27, 2019 |
Synopsis: Grindelwald is loose and Credence is on his short list of people to influence. Grindelwald is preaching tolerance and freedom but secretly he wants to take over the world with the muggles becoming 'beasts of burden'. Newt brings Dumbledore the container with his blood. Queenie joins the 'other side'. Credence is told that he is part of the Dumbledore family. Stay tuned.
Review: Watch the movie, don't bother with the screen play. The book is okay, but a real let down from the movie. ( )
  DrLed | Jan 7, 2019 |
I have loved everything she's written, and this book doesn't disappoint. I wish I had a copy of the real " story", not just a screenplay. But, having seen the first movie, these characters came alive as I read. ( )
  babs605 | Jan 7, 2019 |

J. K. Rowlingprimary authorall editionscalculated
MinaLimaIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Pour Kenzie
Scène 1
Ext. nuit - New York, Ministère américain de la magie, 1927
Vue aérienne de New York et du siège du MACUSA

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,744,789 books! | Top bar: Always visible