Another Good Dog: One Family and Fifty…

Another Good Dog: One Family and Fifty Foster Dogs (edition 2018)

by Cara Sue Achterberg (Author)

Member:erinclark
Title:Another Good Dog: One Family and Fifty Foster Dogs
Authors:Cara Sue Achterberg (Author)
Info:Pegasus Books (2018), Edition: 1, 304 pages
Collections:Audio Book, Early Reviewer Snag, Read, Your library
Rating:*****
Tags:Early Reviewer Snag, 2018 50 BOOK CHALLENGE

Another Good Dog:One Family and Fifty Foster Dogs by Cara Sue Achterberg

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I thoroughly enjoyed this wonderful story of the author and her family's adventures and experiences in dog rescue and fostering. In my humble opinion this woman is a hero. She has of this date fostered over 100 dogs that would have otherwise been euthanized because they were considered unadoptable. They are all now in their forever homes because of her strength and compassion. She also speaks of her family and how they cope with three growing teenagers and the trials and tribulations of so may kids with so many activities - and of course so many dogs. I am a huge dog lover. My husband and I are volunteer puppy raisers that raise service dogs for Canine Companions for Independence. We are also breeder caretakers for our service breeder dog Puzzle who has had four litters so far. (One more to go) I know first hand how much work is involved with raising a litter of puppies and to hear how the author goes for it over an over again is truly heroic. I loved everything about this audio book. It is well written, touching, funny and honest. Now go foster a dog! Very highly recommended. ( )
  erinclark | Oct 11, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I received this audio-book through the LibraryThing early review give-away.
This is a sweet story of one woman's compassion and determination to save as many dogs as she could through fostering them. It's is a well written story that even brought tear to my eyes at times.
My only dis-like was the narrator's tone of voice.It was as if she were trying too hard to add lilt/determination/etc, in her narration. Instead of coming across as caring and sensitive, which I feel the author was, she came across as nonchalant and offhanded. ( )
  kaylynvh | Oct 1, 2018 |
I could not review this book,as it was a cd with a format I had nothing to play it on
  Kikoa | Oct 1, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
After suffering the loss of a beloved family dog, Cara Achterberg isn't sure if she wants another one. The pain of loss was just too great. Ultimately, she decides that fostering dogs might be a good, low-commitment way to try out some new family members. Once they find the perfect dog, they will adopt and in the mean time, they'll be saving dogs from an untimely death. Win-win, right?

This book chronicles the author's emotional journey through the first couple years of fostering. At first it's therapy, then it's a hobby, eventually it becomes a passionate calling. Of course she wants to have her own special dog, but there are just so many that need help and the sacrifice of fostering has it's own rewards. Come along with this family as they embark on an amazing adventure together. ( )
  Juva | Sep 27, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I'm more of a cat person, but I was charmed by the dogs in this true account of this author who fostered more than fifty dogs including a litter of twelve puppies. I had the audio version, but I plan to check out the book from the library so I can see the pictures. ( )
  eliorajoy | Sep 27, 2018 |

Cara Sue Achterbergprimary authorall editionscalculated
Sands, XeNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

LibraryThing Early Reviewers

Cara Sue Achterberg's book Another Good Dog is currently available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

Cara Sue Achterberg is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 129,575,921 books! | Top bar: Always visible