Melt for You by J.T. Geissinger

4.5 stars

This book surpassed the first in the series. I gad several laugh out loud moments. The two lists of ten things had me cracking up because of the snark. Joellen could have been me with all her insecurities. She was also sassy and hilarious and fell for a gorgeous man with an accent. Nothing like a Scottish accent. Cameron. That delicious man. I kept picturing him as the book version of Gerard Butler.

I really enjoyed this story and am looking forward to the next one. Also had free narration included with this book. I am really enjoying it. ( )
  MagicalRi | Apr 15, 2019 |
Melt for You (Slow Burn, #2) by J.T. Geissinger
The playboy is about to get played. Feeling like a woman has never come easy for Jo. She's far too shy and much too plain. When a man finally does catch her eye, she needs all the help she can get. Enter Cam, a playboy athlete with some secret fantasies of his own. With his tutelage, Jo blossoms into the woman she was meant to be, but will Cam let his dream woman slip through away? Geissinger uses heart and humor to deliver a valuable lesson we all now and constantly forget. True beauty lies within. It's hard not to love such a tempting find. ( )
  Lashea677 | Feb 16, 2019 |
Loved this book, OMG I laughed so hard!! Joellen is as snarky and salty as they come, and Cameron..These two are a perfect pair. The slow buildup was so worth it, because...dang it was smoking hot. I loved everything about this book. The pacing was great, there was always something to keep my attention glued to the pages. Such a great read. Told in Joellen's POV. ( )
  KGarner | Aug 4, 2018 |
J. T. Geissinger triumphs with MELT FOR YOU, the second book in the Slow Burn series. Joellen Bixby has a crush on her companies’ CEO, Michael Maddox. She gets help from her new neighbor, Cameron McGregor, captain of the Scotland national union rugby team, to get Maddox’s attention. Unfortunately, Cameron has fallen for Jo in the process. This contemporary sports romance primarily takes place in New York. It is suitable for adult audiences.

I knew I was going to love this book just after reading the first page. The story starts out with the heroine’s top ten reasons why the Holidays Suck. It was hilarious. I love Joellen’s humor. Even her dreams were funny. I like her character. She underestimates herself. She has no idea that she is appealing, which is understandable, considering how her mother treats her. She has worked at Maddox Publishing for ten years and been in love with Michael for just as long.

Cameron McGregor is a fun character. He is vibrant. He sees Joellen for who she truly is. He respects her. He has a great outlook on life. He is good for Joellen. I love how they interact with each other.

Joellen’s boss, Portia, was a fascinating character. You hate her. She is a witch, to put it nicely. You don’t always know what to expect from her. She ends up surprising you.

MELT FOR YOU is skillfully written and entertaining. It is a story that is hard to put down. It has multiple examples of why you should not judge people until you get to know them. I loved that the epilogue starts off with another top ten list (also amusing). I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book. ( )
  dlynch | May 30, 2018 |
Rcvd an ARC at no cost to author (netgalley) This is second book in this series but you do not have to read the first book. In this one In this book we meet Joellen who unfortunately has had a crudh on her boss who is married for 10 years and because of that has had no life. But that starts to change when Cameron moves down the hall from her and they get into it. When her boss tells her he is getting a divorce and shows interest she is thinking things will change and Camerin is going to help her land him.. this books, has laughs frustration and emotion. ( )
  Pelusa41 | May 3, 2018 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,742,050 books! | Top bar: Always visible