Point of Sighs (2018)

by Melissa Scott

Series: Astreiant (5)

Brings new supernatural danger and political intrigue to the capital of Chenedolle--and unexpected challenges to the relationship between pointsman Rathe and soldier Eslingen.

A decent story with interesting twists, but beyond some rather unique city history, not all that interesting. It's good to spend time catching up with old friends, but I didn't feel much of a sense of urgency.
2210522 I'm wondering what I was thinking with that last review - maybe Fair's Point. While most of the book eroded from my memory the storage room in the bridge pier and the pump room remained like a volcanic plug and more than once I have questioned which book one or the other was a relic of. This read it was more interesting and involving than the prior review indicates. ( )
  quondame | Sep 25, 2018 |

Melissa Scottprimary authorall editionscalculated
Baldwin, BenCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

It had been raining for the better part of a week, a thin cold drizzle alternating with colder, heavier downpours that were rapidly stripping the last of the leaves from the trees.

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 206,038,092 books! | Top bar: Always visible