The Secret Ingredient for a Happy Marriage…

The Secret Ingredient for a Happy Marriage

by Shirley Jump

522,110,187 (3.33)None

The second book of a series, I liked the first one better. This story focuses on Nora.

Everyone thinks Nora’s life is perfect, she’s got a great husband, two kids and a job she loves.
No one knows that her husband had a gambling problem and that she’s about to lose her house.

Nora’s sister Magpie invites her for a little get away right after Nora asks her husband for a divorce. Nora jumps at the chance to get away. Magpie has a secret and Nora has a secret too.
But both women struggle to open up to each other.

The secrets were predictable and I’m ok with that but there was too much time spent building up to the secrets. That’s my opinion anyway.

I felt bad for Nora but I didn’t understand how she could keep such big secrets from her family for years. They are all so close but she couldn’t ask for support.
And Nora’s husband just seemed so carefree and casual about the fact that they might lose their house.

The one thing that remained was love. Despite everything, they do love each other. Neither of them thought their love could wind up in such a fragile place.

This book wouldn’t normally have caught my eye, it would have sounded too sad for my personal book preferences. But I really enjoyed the first book, so of course I was interested in this one too.

I won a copy of this book in a giveaway. ( )
  Mishale1 | Dec 29, 2018 |
The O'Bannon women band together again. I have really started growing very fond of Nora, Bridget, and Colleen. I just love how these three women have each other's back no matter the situation. Oh and all the yummy goodies that they bake. It is as if I can smell the vanilla, cinnamon, and other scents.

This book focuses on Nora. She finds herself homeless with two children and the possibility of divorce. Thank goodness for family. Although, once back home, Nora considers starting up a new relationship despite that she still does love Ben. She is just not sure that she can forgive him.

What I really like about this series is that author, Shirley infuses so much life into the story and characters that it is like the O'Bannon women are an extended part of my family. Therefore, you can't help but fall in love with Colleen, Nora, and Bridget. A fun and charming read. The Secret Ingredient for a Happy Marriage brings a dash of sweetness, a pinch of love, a handful of goodness and humor that produces one yummy read! ( )
  Cherylk | Apr 30, 2018 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,431,097 books! | Top bar: Always visible