Gaudete et exsultate. Esortazione apostolica…

Gaudete et exsultate. Esortazione apostolica sulla chiamata alla santità… (edition 2018)

by Francesco ,

"Do not be afraid of holiness. It will take away none of your energy, vitality or joy. On the contrary, you will become what the Father had in mind when he created you, and you will be faithful to your deepest self. To depend on God sets us free from every form of enslavement and leads us to recognize our great dignity." "We need a spirit of holiness capable of filling both our solitude and our service, our personal life and our evangelizing efforts, so that every moment can be an expression of self-sacrificing love in the Lord's eyes. In this way, every minute of our lives can be a step along the path to growth in holiness." You were not created for a bland and mediocre existence, but for happiness In this apostolic exhortation on holiness, Pope Francis reminds you that being holy is an attainable goal and is, in fact, the source of your greatest joy. In his usual pastoral and personable style, Pope Francis addresses false interpretations of holiness, provides a fresh look at the Beatitudes, and gives you practical ways to apply Jesus' words to your daily life. Be encouraged by Pope Francis today as you respond to God's invitation to fulfill your unique mission in the world. Study Guide Included for Reflection and Discussion.… (more)
Member:stefano_chiesa
Title:Gaudete et exsultate. Esortazione apostolica sulla chiamata alla santità nel mondo contemporaneo
Authors:Francesco ,
Info:Libreria Editrice Vaticana, 2018.

Gaudete et Exsultate: On the Call to Holiness in Today's World by Pope Francis

Our Lenten small group read and discussed this during Lent this year. It’s a great book for a group - readable, provocative yet nuanced. Short, too! One gift I carry away: that my primary orientation should be towards listening. That God is eternal newness who speaks in silence. We need to cultivate this silence AND community. Without community we get trapped on our heads, essentially. We learn love in silence and in community. Together. ( )
  MaryHeleneMele | May 6, 2019 |

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 159,004,842 books! | Top bar: Always visible