The Mud Man by Rob Errera

The Mud Man

by Rob Errera

115,406,636 (3)1
Recently added byyoyogod

This is a book that I didn't much care for. I found the plot to be needlessly complicated and is (mostly) in the form of an epistolary novel, which is a form of storytelling that I never much cared for. On top of that, the epistolary format is interrupted for a few chapters by a fist person narrative that retells all the stuff from the previous chapters only told directly from the point of view of the Mud Man with no indication of its source, which just disrupted the flow of the story. I also found it a bit annoying that many of the entries from the epistolary parts were from blogs and such set in the (often distant) future with the only real signs that the future is different is mentions of sex scenes in Disney cartoons and that Lifetime Original movies apparently now include violent gory horror.

The overall plot is about a man bringing his son-in-law back to life as a golem, and the golem going on a murderous rampage while we are being repeatedly hit over the head with a stick that has "The real horror is that the government is making a secret mind control drug" written on it. Once you get to the murders and that the book is finally almost finished, you realize that you are in fact only about halfway through and have to read through dozens of pages of rather mundane, everyday life (except for the creation of a second golem who does nothing).

This was just not really all that entertaining for me. ( )
  yoyogod | May 20, 2018 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 129,568,467 books! | Top bar: Always visible