Lala Pettibone: Standing Room Only by Heidi…

Lala Pettibone: Standing Room Only

by Heidi Mastrogiovanni

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I had a problem connecting with the main character, Lala Pettibone. She was so Annoying and out there. How could everyone fall in love with her, be charmed by her! She grated on my nerves and I just wanted to slap her at times. I did not find her charming or likable or endearing in any way. The story did not grab me (I skipped a few pages/chapters to get through this.), but there were a few situations that did cause me to chuckle and I did love that she and her “entourage” Loved their rescue pets. 2.3 stars
I won this book from LibraryThing in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  Dannadee | Jan 19, 2019 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This book was both too much and not enough. I didn't read the first novel (this is a sequel) and didn't realize it was a follow up book until fairly deep into the book. The main character seems fun enough at first, but quickly she wears on you, along with many of the other larger than life characters. I thought this would be a light, quick read but I didn't end up enjoying this book much at all, and would not recommend. ( )
  W.MdO | Oct 7, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
My overall review is ... Meh. I did not read the first Lala Pettibone novel, and I believe that negatively affected my enjoyment of this book. Lala's quirkiness seems to come out of nowhere. I didn't dislike her, but I found her extremely annoying in places. And I didn't have a strong sense of who the other main characters were. ( )
  JSBancroft | Sep 27, 2018 |
Very amusing and entertaining novel with a really out-there protagonist. She's entertaining and funny, and in-your-face. ( )
  ChayaLovesToRead | Sep 20, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Lala, the main character, was very annoying. She bounced from one thought to the next and loved everything and everyone she came across. If a person ate as much as she did, she would be extremely obese. There was just too much excess and silliness to this book. Not even a good beach read. ( )
  chgstrom | Sep 19, 2018 |

LibraryThing Early Reviewers

Heidi Mastrogiovanni's book Lala Pettibone: Standing Room Only is currently available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 131,846,297 books! | Top bar: Always visible