The Darkest Star (Origin Series, 1) by…

The Darkest Star (Origin Series, 1) (edition 2018)

by Jennifer L. Armentrout (Author)

"When seventeen-year-old Evie is caught up in a raid at a notorious club known as one of the few places where humans and aliens can mingle freely, she meets Luc, an unnaturally beautiful guy she initially assumes is a Luxen...but he is in fact something much more powerful"--
Member:Jaanai23
Title:The Darkest Star (Origin Series, 1)
Authors:Jennifer L. Armentrout (Author)
Info:Tor Teen (2018), 368 pages

The Darkest Star by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Ever since the end of Lux series I was disheartened that we didn't get to see more of Luc!
Thank you JLA for giving us more of Luc! ( )
  VipashaAiyer | Sep 28, 2021 |
When Evie goes to a club with her bff, Heidi, she finds herself drawn to a mysterious boy named Luc. She has no idea her conversation with an arrogant and rude stranger will lead her on a journey that will change her life. Who is Luc? Why is he so invested in her? Why does she feel like she may know him?

I love Jennifer Armentrout and this book is no different. I can't wait for the second one to come out. ( )
  amoderndaybelle | May 27, 2021 |
This didn't work so well for me.
It seemed slow getting going.
Ends ready for next book.
  izzied | Oct 29, 2020 |
“Hell yeah. Who wouldn’t be? I mean, they’re like God got confused, you know? He already made horses and sheep, and decided, let’s mix that together, and voila-you get a llama,” Kent explained. “Freaking ah-mazing. Have you ever met a llama?”

A funny quote and a lil bit of humor thrown into an action packed, murder filled, lives changing story. For those of you who don’t know, the Darkest Star is a spin-off from Jennifer Armentrouts Lux series.

This story has good action. People go missing, fights are fought, and secrets unfold. There is a lot of information that I didn’t see coming. In one case I suspected someone of something, thinking they were bad, but I was half and half with my guess. Otherwise, I didn’t see a lot of it coming.

At times I did get annoyed with Evie and how she acted with Luc. I wanted her to get over how she felt about him and get to finding out the information I was dying to know.

Overall I really enjoyed the story and give it a 5/5⭐️. I can’t wait to find out what happens next!
  LindzAdsFan | Sep 7, 2020 |
I will be the first to admit that books about aliens aren't really my jam, but having read this book I might just have to re-evaluate that. I went into this book without having read the Lux series, of which this book and its subsequent works follow after. Now that I have read The Darkest Star, I'm incredibly eager to dive into the Lux world and discover more about our friends from another planet.

I was impressed that the author made it easy to understand the history and relationships between humans and the Luxen without making the reader feel like they missed out on some key info from the original series. Luc was equal parts charming and annoyingly smug (as any good YA love interest is) and Evie, although having some (arguably deserved) pity party moments, didn't come across as a helpless damsel in distress and I admired her fiery personality. Can't wait to read the next one! ( )
  A_Ravenous_Reader | Apr 28, 2020 |

Jennifer L. Armentroutprimary authorall editionscalculated
Mazzella di Bosco, DanielleCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 163,384,666 books! | Top bar: Always visible