Chocolate Brown Satin Hot Pants and Other…

Chocolate Brown Satin Hot Pants and Other Artifacts (edition 2018)

by Bernadette Karpa (Author)

512,428,238 (5)2
Bernadette Karpa's latest collection, Chocolate Brown Satin Hot Pants And Other Artifacts, invites readers to empty their pockets and put it all on the table. Serving as an archivist for her own work, Karpa explores the emotional connections tied to our physical spaces. Whether she's collecting buttons, unraveling Mary Jane wrappers, or contemplating second hand clothing, Bernadette Karpa reminds us that while past objects are part of our histories, they do not need to define us. Featuring new illustrations, Bernadette Karpa invites us to consider the intimate magic of chocolate brown satin hot pants...and other artifacts.… (more)
Member:LindsTee
Title:Chocolate Brown Satin Hot Pants and Other Artifacts
Authors:Bernadette Karpa (Author)
Info:Read Furiously (2018), 110 pages
Collections:Your library, To read

Chocolate Brown Satin Hot Pants and Other Artifacts by Bernadette Karpa

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This is my one ER win (to date) that never arrived. I want to make that clear, as I know the ER birdie will appear with my review … and others may wonder if I actually got my ER copy. As of this moment, I have not.

In spite of that, I was able to get my hands on it. And I would like to offer a short review because I so enjoyed this book!

Its title intrigued me – as I remember wearing hot pants about 50 years ago. Mine were electric blue polyester, not chocolate brown satin.

Its subject matter fascinated me – as I, too, can become absorbed in the emotional connections one might make with physical stuff.

I found myself quite affected by the short poems contained in it – so very expressive and poignant.

It's a really good little book! ( )
  RaucousRain | Mar 28, 2019 |

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Bernadette Karpa's book Chocolate Brown Satin Hot Pants And Other Artifacts was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

Read Furiously

An edition of this book was published by Read Furiously.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 158,877,572 books! | Top bar: Always visible