Knife Edge by Malorie Blackman

Knife Edge (original 2004; edition 2005)

by Malorie Blackman

Following Callum's death, the people who loved him relate how their lives have been changed, especially in reference to his girlfriend, Sephy, and their mixed-race child. Persephone Hadley is six months pregnant with a mixed-race baby. In their society this fact alone will threaten the child's life every day. To make matters worse, the baby's father, Callum, is dead. He was hanged for terrorism months ago, but his presence still torments Sephy. And she's not alone. Callum's brother, Jude, blames Sephy for the death, and thirsts for revenge...in the form of her life. Obviously, Sephy is not fond of Jude, but when his actions take him to the brink of disaster, his life poised on a knife edge, can she stand by and do nothing? Will she be forced -- once again -- to take sides in a chilling racial drama?… (more)
Member:andrewbatty
Title:Knife Edge
Authors:Malorie Blackman
Info:Corgi Childrens (2005), Edition: New edition, Paperback, 449 pages

Knife Edge by Malorie Blackman (2004)

This continues pretty much where Noughts & Crosses finished up. If you haven’t read that one you really have no business reading this book. It won’t make a lot of sense to you, not to mention you’ll know how the first book ends, and you won’t know the characters at all. Have I convinced you to go read the first yet? Good, off you go.

Full review (with spoilers for bk 1) http://www.susanhatedliterature.net/2010/06/30/knife-edge/ ( )
  Fence | Jan 5, 2021 |
Not as much going on as the first in the series, so not much to say. Liked how more characters were introduced & got to see some of the story from their point of view. & that ending to say I didn't shed a tear would be a lie! ( )
  kymisan | Jul 20, 2020 |
Sigh>....

I really don't like it when I love the first book in a 'series'..Then get to the 2nd book and strongly dislike it. It makes me not want to go on in the Series/Trilogy. Maybe eventually, I will move on to Checkmate, but right now, I will just go through my other books in my TBR pile and just see what happens a couple months or so down the road.
  RamblingBookNerd | Jun 5, 2019 |
The overwhelmingly strongest feeling I had at the end of this book was hopelessness: the protagonists live in such a divided society that they cannot escape it and the attempts at building bridges and making amends will fail, sooner or later. ( )
  mari_reads | Feb 16, 2019 |
Fantastic book, believable characters and just as good as when I read it the first, second and third time around! ( )
  ellsie98 | Nov 16, 2014 |
He who binds himself to a joy does the winged life destroy; but he who kisses the joy as it flies lives in eternity's sun rise. - William Blake
This book is dedicated with love to Neil and Elizabeth. Who bring every colour of the rainbow. And more besides.
And a big thank-you to everyone who asked, 'What happened next?'
'Oh, come on, Jude. My feet are killing me,' Morgan moaned.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 163,134,830 books! | Top bar: Always visible