Inkling by Kenneth Oppel

Inkling (edition 2018)

by Kenneth Oppel (Author)

When an inkblot, who can write, listen, learn, and draw, jumps out of Mr. Rylance's sketchbook, Ethan believes he may be the answer to their problems and names him Inkling.
Member:tejasapatel
Title:Inkling
Authors:Kenneth Oppel (Author)
Info:Knopf Books for Young Readers (2018), Edition: Illustrated, 272 pages

Inkling by Kenneth Oppel

(Review by Zoe, aged 6.) 'Inkling' is one of the best stories I have ever heard. It's really, really, really good because it has lots of adventure in it and I think it would be good for kids who are aged seven and over (because I'm a very good six year old). The story is about some ink which is alive, named Inkling. And Inkling makes friends with a boy called Ethan. ( )
  santropol | May 26, 2021 |
A quick read about ink come to life out of an artist's sketchbook. The artist is Ethan's dad, drowning in a sea of grief and regret after the death of his wife. Inkling feeds on ink to learn and create. He helps Ethan with a school project and learn to draw. When Ethan trusts his dad with Inkling, his dad uses inkling in ways in which Ethan doesn't approve. The neighbor, VIka, is suspicious and she too tried to get Inkling.
Kind of charming. Very creative. ( )
  ewyatt | Nov 30, 2020 |
I didn't expect to enjoy a story about an inkblot as much as I did. But this is sharply written & presents a compelling moral quandry for the human hero - with a dose of tragic/sadness (the loss of Ethan's mom). I found the magic of the living & communicating ink blot believable & LOVED the relationship between Ethan & his sister Sarah (who has Down Syndrome) & Sarah's relationship with Inkling.

Its a compelling & rich read - with enough drama & conflict to keep you really engaged.

I recommend it HIGHLY
  Rachael_SJSU | Jul 11, 2020 |
  Tasses | Oct 6, 2018 |

GenreThing

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 160,276,206 books! | Top bar: Always visible