Interrupting Chicken and the Elephant of…

Interrupting Chicken and the Elephant of Surprise (original 2018; edition 2018)

by David Ezra Stein (Author), David Ezra Stein (Illustrator)

When Little Red Chicken comes home excited about what she learned in school, she explains to Papa that every story has "an elephant of surprise."
Member:JennyArch
Title:Interrupting Chicken and the Elephant of Surprise
Authors:David Ezra Stein (Author)
Other authors:David Ezra Stein (Illustrator)
Info:Candlewick (2018), 40 pages
Tags:children's, picture book

Interrupting chicken and the elephant of surprise by David Ezra Stein (2018)

Funny! A cute play on the “element of surprise.” ( )
  lispylibrarian | Dec 11, 2019 |
This book had an element of education, which taught about an element of surprise in writing. ( )
  ogonzales | Nov 13, 2019 |
We read this book in class. I really enjoyed this one, I found it very clever and funny. ( )
  asburns | Nov 5, 2019 |
This is about a chicken who is INSISTENT that there is an elephant of surprise in each and every book (element of surprise) and interrupts his dad to add in a magical elephant to a bunch of classic stories. I️ loved this book!
  Remi.Kauffman | Oct 31, 2019 |
This book was adorable! I know my little siblings would love it! It was funny and cute! The chicken interrupts every story with an elephant of surprise. He says that he learned in school that every good story has an elephant of surprise but his dad tells him it is an element of surprise and that there is not an elephant is every story. The chicken manages to add an elephant to every story. The dad gets a little frustrated and is hoping that they are done with homework but the chicken needs help with math homework now. I like how the author added in how the dad feels because I feel like a lot of parents feel this way when they are helping their child with homework. ( )
  hdavis1 | Oct 3, 2019 |
To Sam and Hannah:
you make every day a surprise
It was after school for the little red chicken.

It's after school for the little red chicken, and she has just learned something new: every story has an elephanotf surprise.  Or is it, s her papa explains, an element of surprise?   As they dive into story after story, looking for the part that makes you go, "Whoa! I didn't know that was going to happen," Papa is sure he can convince Chicken that he is right.  After all, there are definitely no elephants in The Ugly Duckling, Rapunzel, or The Little Mermaid. . . . Or are there?

The little red chicken and her papa are back in this gleeful and hilarious follow-up to the Caldecott Honor-winning picture book Interrupting Chicken. [from the jacket]

LibraryThing Early Reviewers

David Ezra Stein's book Interrupting Chicken and the Elephant of Surprise is currently available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 141,598,741 books! | Top bar: Always visible