Find Me Gone by Sarah Meuleman

Find Me Gone

by Sarah Meuleman

301530,102 (4)2

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Find Me Gone from Sarah Meuleman is a suspense novel that grabs your interest early but doesn't rush along with it. The time invested, however, is well worth it. So if you're tempted to stop because it is slower than you normally like, keep going and make it more about the details than a straight line plot.

The hints about what might be called the surprise are evident throughout the book but most only become obvious after the fact. Reflecting on the book after finishing actually increased my overall enjoyment. I often reread books (maybe 30-40 of my 175-200 books a year are rereads) and while this is not a genre I often reread I may make an exception here. Not so much for any "deeper" insights, though those may well come, but more to read the details with a knowledge of the resolution. Kinda like re-watching Sixth Sense for the clues and hints rather than the plot.

I did enjoy the way the research into the writers worked along with Hannah's psychological journey. In imaging scenes from those writers' lives she would give them a phrase that she would then say in her real life, making a very interesting parallel.

I found myself reading the first half or so of the book fairly slowly, so much so that I completed 4 other books during that time. But during those several days I often thought about what was happening and what I thought it all meant. So for a reader who wants a fast-paced event-leading-to-event type of book this will frustrate you a bit in the beginning. Again, I suggest sticking with it because the last part of the book moves faster and brings many fuzzy ideas into focus very well. I will say that if you don't read close enough to catch the literary parallel then perhaps this isn't for you, part of the fun is in the detail and if you skim details strictly for a story line then maybe not for you.

In writing this I have actually reconsidered my rating and moved it up, it has stuck with me more than I had even realized.

Reviewed from a copy made available by the publisher via LibraryThing Early Reviewers. ( )
  pomo58 | Nov 30, 2018 |

LibraryThing Early Reviewers

Sarah Meuleman's book Find Me Gone is currently available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 131,846,251 books! | Top bar: Always visible