Area 51: The Reply (1998)

by Robert Doherty

Series: Area 51 (2)

"The message from space we have been waiting for has arrived. FIrst alien contact? or invasion ..."--Cover.

English (5)  Spanish (1)  All languages (6)
An excellent sequel to the first book of the series. The fact that the prologue of this book is the epilogue of the last book, and that the story picks up exactly where the last one left off was a nice break from stories where things pick up weeks, months, or even years from where the last one left off.

The author is prone to go into long descriptions of things that don't really add to the story. I don't need to know the exact make and model of gun the main character is using, or each single step to putting on a parachute. It did distract from the story a bit, which is why I couldn't give the book 5 stars.

The story is still compelling enough to make the story a joy to follow, while still being light enough that it's easy to put down and pick back up. ( )
  tebyen | May 27, 2020 |
This is book two of a series with an indeterminate author. Who wrote this book? Was it Bob Mayer or somebody else? I hate pseudonyms. Take credit for it or don't...just don't lie to the readers. t had an engaging plot, interesting characters, and a high level of suspense. Unfortunately, it felt like a bridge connecting the beginning (book1) and the rest of the plot. These must be read in order as it is one continous story.. ( )
  buffalogr | Jun 1, 2019 |
I thought this was a pretty good book until the last two chapters. Then it started leaving out whole portions of sentences. ( )
  rossbm | Aug 23, 2013 |
  rossbm | Aug 23, 2013 |
No you didn't! I read the first book and enjoyed it greatly and ordered the sequel (this one). It had an engaging plot, interesting characters, and a high level of suspense. Unfortunately, it didn't end with knowing the conclusion of the plot. It would have been a great book if all the twists had been pulled together and answered ... but NO. I feel cheated. Sorry, but he lost me with this one. The ending could have been much better ( )
1 vote GaryBabb | Aug 12, 2011 |

Doherty, Robertprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Mayer, BobAuthormain authorsome editionsconfirmed
Tosello, MarzioTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

To Margaret Rose (Doherty) Mayer
It felt the power come in like a shot of adrenaline.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 164,524,299 books! | Top bar: Always visible